feberal convulsions

Em91

Reaction score
Are petrifying!!

O has been poorly with d&v since the weekend, not eating or drinking etc but having really runny nappies. Shes had this Rash all over since Sunday, took her to the drs Monday morning, who said its just viral keep offering water which we did until last night.
I put her to bed at 7 she woke at 10 screaming so went to her to find she was boiling, stripped her off and gave her calpol then was sat cuddling her, when her eyes rolled and she stiffened up and started twitching for well over 2mins. Then stopped & just slumped into me before projectile vomiting everywhere!
She was completely out of it and still boiling so i panicked and called an ambulance.
They arrived and did their checks her blood sugar was 1.9 which is apparently very low? and her temp was 40.2c So they took us up to the hospital. We didnt see a doctor until 3.30am!! we arrived at 11.20. The nurses started her on fluids etc but i was shocked they could leave a baby without seeing a dr for that long! It was put down as a febrile convulsion which i expected due to her temp.
We were given the rehydration solution and told to give 10ml every 15mins! She hates it so its been a long long day
6am and i finally got to bed then had work at 11am. *yawn*
ive only been back at work a week so couldnt phone in sick. Luckily OH already had today off!

Sorry that was a long rant, wanted to put it down somewhere! xx
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Ah hun that must have been scary. Hope she's on the mend poor thing xxx

I've dealt with loads of them in work over the years & every one is as scary as the last. Poor wee O. Plenty of mummy cuddles prescribed! :)

Oh poor O and poor you too!!

I've dealt with 2 febrile convulsions during my 15 years in childcare. The 2nd only lasted 30ish seconds and although still scary the 1st little boy turned blue and stopped breathing for 10 seconds or so!! Both times ambulances were called and both times the children were fine.

It's absolutely petrifying but sounds like you handled it brilliantly!! xx

Oh my goodness poor little O!! Poor you too, but well done on your quick thinking. I'll be keeping Little O in my prayers, I'm sure she'll be ok. Please will you give her a cuddle from me xxxx

Thats the thing ive seen a few in my job with young children and i never remembered them being that scary!
So so different when its your own child.

Oh how awful. Really hope she's better soon x

Oh my goodness, sorry you've been through this :hug:

Oh gosh what a scare, hope you are both ok xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my. Well done you for remaining calm. Think I would have really freaked out.hugs to olivia xxx

tapatalking

Gosh, sounds so so scary! Poor O and poor you and Daddy! :(

I hope she's on the mend real quick xx

Big :hugs:

Oh my goodness that must've been so horrible! I'm so sorry you's all had to go through this. Big hugs to you all! Xxx

Oh, poor O. And well done you for coping so well with it. It must have been terrifying. Hope you can all get some good rest soon xxx

She is much better now thanks, shes had no more convulsions D&V has stopped and shes back to causing mischeif!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back