Had to take Angel to outs of hours docs :(

LaurenMM

Reaction score
She had her normal feeds about 5.30am and then about 9.30am, downed both bottles (8oz) - no problem. Going by her usual 4 hours she would've been due a feed at 1.30ish but she was still sleeping so I made it up anyway, she woke at 2.15ish and I fed her straight away (usually she's starving if she's a bit late!!) but she didn't wanna know at all. I thought it's probs just her teeth, gave her bonjela + nelsons and she still didn't wanna know. Then I noticed she wasn't smily or playing with her toys a lot and she seemed to be breathing quite quick. I rang out of hours and they went through symptoms with etc and said that it just sounded like teething at the moment and to call if she got worse. Came to her bedtime bottle and she didn't touch that either :( by now I was in tears I was so worried about her, she just wasn't herself, she was quite hot so I took her temp and it was 37C so ok for the moment but she was still not herself and still breathing fast. Rang out of hours back and they said to come in. Went in and her temp was 37.9 and he said it was a respiratory tract infection (he said aka a bad cold...) just to give her Calpol and persevere with the milk.

We got home about 8.30 and I put her to bed and stayed up just listening to her until about 1am, she woke at 3.30am and I managed to get 4oz down her. I took her temp and it was 37.6 so at least it was going down. Then she woke at 6.30am, and was bright and alert and she took an 8oz bottle and she seemed herself again :) when it came to her next feed (about 10.30ish) she only managed 4oz. I noticed today though that the top row of gums are all lumpy and the lumps are white... could all this just be teething? I read somewhere that their temp increases slightly when they're teething I didn't think it could be this bad though. Just want my little girly to feel well again I hate it when she doesn't take her food :( xx

I cant offer any advice but I hope she gets back to her normal self :( x Poor lil girl x

It does sound like teething with the temperature & not taking bottles & not being themselves, I've never heard of the breathing thing but thats not to say its not a symptom. There's not really much you can do for them when it comes to teething, my LO has had those bumps for a few months now, I wish the teeth would hurry up & come thro.

Hope you have a better night
xxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like teething to me apart from the breathing thing, hope she gets better soon xxx

I think its a mixture of both thinking about it :( I still hate it though. I'm sorry to sound so dramatic as I know a lot of mummies on here have had to deal with so much worse than this. This is the first time she's ever really been bad like this and it's so horrible I feel so helpless, just wish I could take it away from her :( Doesn't help that when I rang my mum about it she said "I would've just taken her straight to the hospital rather than a surgery" it just made me feel worse like I'd done something wrong yet again. Obviously the first thing I asked the doc was should I take her to a+e and he said not to unless she was really really bad iykwim and he went through all her symptoms and he would've said if I needed to go a+e :( x

I dont think you should have went to A&E...I think we as parents are able to judge wether something is serious enough. All babies breathe funny, my eldest used to hold her breath sometimes & would gasp on occasions, when I asked others (incl my mum) they all said its normal for babies to do that & I never went to the docs about it. She grew out of it eventually. The doc would defo have said if you had to go to hosp...lets put it this way....you will know if LO's breathing is bad enough to go to hosp, I think thats what doc means. Try not to worry too much, I know its hard.

xxxxxxxx

Exactly littlemiss obviously I was really worried (hence why I phoned docs in the first place) but I knew it didn't warrant a trip to A+E. Thats just my mum though sometimes; she's extremely insensitive. Lol my OH is always telling me not to worry too much, as soon as I start to relax I always worry about other stuff lol just the way I'm wired. Thanks for the reply though everyone :) x

My mum is the same Lauren, we dont get on at all, its a shame, Its really hurt me the way she is, I resent when other ppl have good relationships with their mum, it feels so un-just. Mines is just insensitive all the time, here's an example..when I had my 1st LO she hadn't taken any food for hmmm about 13 hours thro the day & NHS 24 said go to emerg doc's at one of the hospitals, we had just maxed out our money the night b4 buying loads of stuff & had no money we had access to. I phoned my mum to ask for a lift & she said I was irresponsible & a crap mother for not having money kept by & how could I be so stupid, it was all my fault ect. She didn't even phone to see how LO was, she literally left it like that. Soz went into a rant there, my mum is just I duno, horrible probs wld be the best word

xxxxxxxxx

Bloody hell I think your mum and my mum must be pals. How horrid is that :( my mums best one liner was when Angel was 4 days old and she mentioned getting her christened and I said maybe after Xmas as I wanted to wait till she was older and her exact words were "well if she dies only He will take care of her if she's been christened"... when my baby girl was 4 days old she was talking about her dying when I'd nearly lost her during labour and I'm a very sensitive paranoid person, esp when things like SIDS are concerned. She's a borderline alcoholic, thinks she knows everything, thinks she's perfect and always thinks about herself. When I had the flu the other week my OH kindly took the day off work to help me out as Angel was poorly too. She hit me with "oh you should be able to cope on your own, its only a sniffle, your dad never did that with me and I coped etc", I know it sounds terrible to desrcribe my mum as the things above but its the truth sadly :( we're getting Angel christened next Sunday and we're doing the food for a buffet afterwards and she was moaning about having to get up early on the Sunday :( x

FFS - thats shocking, I remember you saying about that with the christening, it sounds like exact thing my mum would say. She told me "I should get an abortion" when I had my first & do you know the reason why....because me & OH aren't married!!! She's very religious. I cant look at her properly after that, that she actually suggested that to me, How would she feel if I had went thro with that & regretted it due to her insensitve comments. I dont think its anyone's place to suggest such a thing, maybe the babys dad, we had our own house, in a long term relationship, both working, didn't drink ect, no reason for it apart from not being married. God, I could go on forever with all the horrible things she's said to me. If I could have one wish, I would wish for her to realise how she effects me.

xxxxxxxxxx

Oh Hun that's terrible! Thank god I've been able find someone I can relate to! I wish my mum would realise too and I wish she'd think before she speaks. I don't care about me because I don't even get upset I'm that used to it. What upsets me is that my grandparents were absolutely lovely to me growing up and I have a very good bond with them and it looks like Angel won't :( my mil never visits and my OHs dad lives in Korea FFs and my parents hardly visit so it's down to us all the time. I'm fed up with them always questioning and criticising me. Occasionally me or OH will give Angel a shower instead of a bath and I had my dad asking if that was safe like I'd do it if it wasn't safe! Over Xmas me and OH went for a meal with our friends and we took Angel who slept through the whole thing (much to our friends disappointment lol) and both my parents were calling me asking if Angel was ok n shouldn't I be coming home soon? I can't win can I :( sorry for rant lol x

Last edited:
Thats ok, rant away chick, its not very often I speak to other ppl with the same prob, alot of the time ppl say they have a bad relationship with mum but in reality, they have an argument every so often. I cant go to my mum with anything, shes always grumpy, all the time, she's always worked a stressful job & i remember as a child not being able to ask her for anything unless it was the w/end (off work) she was very nasty as a child & would even call me fat & mr blobby coz i was chubby, she says they done that to try & get me to stop over-eating, little do they know it had the opposite effect & their bullying still effects my weight now. If I was to fone up & say i'd fell out with OH, they would tell me its my fault. Everything is my fault, I really hate her so much some times, we still see each other occasionally, and like yesterday i went for lunch it went fine, but thats because i made minimal convo coz she uses anything against me. i've learnt to treat her...how could I put it, a bit like the way u do when u meet someone for the first time...weary & dont wana give out too much.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm if it is her teeth, perhaps try giving her milk room temp if you normally give it warm? I tried this with Charlie and.now he won't drink them warm, also if she has a dummy keep them in the fridge and if not maybe a clean tea towel dipped in.cold water? Poor little thing, toothache is horrible for even us adults I remember my wisdom teeth coming through I just lay in bed wanting to die lol, so it must be terrible for babies esp as they don't know what it is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back