Favourite recipes

MrsR

Reaction score
I do all the cooking in our house as I LOVE to cook so me and OH do a swap, I cook and he does the washing up (which I HATE (there aren't big enough capital letters to express my hatred!)). Anyway he has a rather limited experience of different foods so I tried a new recipe today! It was absolutely gorgeous! Tuna steak with asparagus and a type of pesto/salsa! I would recommend thus to anyone! Absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it including Summer (she's 5) though it broke my heart to have to cook my tuna all the way through (sob). So I was wondering does anyone have a recipe they just adore and would tell the world if they could?
Ps I'm cooking skate (ray wings) on Monday so will report back how they go down!!!

Ooh the skate I'm doing is a James martin recipe! Sounds delicious!

I have always wanted to try skate wings - let me know how it goes? :)

I definatly will!!! Can't wait! I'm doing them with caper butter and mash-the recipe is on the same site you linked for the salmon! Another fave fish dish of mine is a salmon dish with parsley herb crust baked in orange juice-my sister concocted it and I love it!

I do all the cooking in the house, even though the o/h is excellent at baking and when I mean excellent, his cakes are well nice lol

I love all food really, except for BEEF! Yuk.....tonight I am cooking organic chicken breasts stuffed with garlic and mozerella and wrapped in parma ham, served with low fat roast potatoes and veg, but with mine I have risotto (instead of roasties lol) yummy! Just starting preparing the veg, so got to go now and do the rest

Donna xx

I love cooking and baking but I feel really boring reading about your favourite dishes. The most adventurous my lot will stretch to is a chilli con carne and even then OH and William complain about the kidney beans lol.

Saying that, my home made spicy meatballs are becoming a little bit legendary among family and friends. :)

I definatly will!!! Can't wait! I'm doing them with caper butter and mash-the recipe is on the same site you linked for the salmon! Another fave fish dish of mine is a salmon dish with parsley herb crust baked in orange juice-my sister concocted it and I love it!

I found it last night when I did a quickie search! Will have to give it a go! :)

I'll be making it Tuesday now instead but I'll definatly let you know how it goes! Nancy have you tried getting William to join in making them with you? My DD is 5 nearly 6 and we make meatballs and burgers together which she loves doing and I try and let get join in most dishes I do! The pride on her face when she eats something she's helped make is indescribable! It also helped me to get her to eat things she's been a bit funny with, seems to make all the difference!

Yes, I often get William involved in cooking which he loves but he's still very fussy about what he actually eats. If he's helped cook it he will try a mouthfull of what he's made but it will still be on his list of dislikes.

It's difficult to get OH to try new things so I tend to stick to firm favourites so that William doesn't see him being fussy. It's difficult though because William dislikes different things to Stu.

I'm starting to think that I should stop pandering to anyone but I think mealtimes might descend into complete chaos if I start making the things that want to.

Aw that's not good honey! It's great when the kids help though isn't it! You could try a deal with your OH where you try a different recipe once a month which he has to try in exchange for meals he likes the rest of the time? I was shocked to learn that kids have to try something 15 times to get a taste for it! It took ages for DD to get a taste for lettuce but now she loves it! I think the only thing us mums can do is persevere! Shepard's pie tonight!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back