farms and pregnac

mrz85

Reaction score
hello :)my family are farmers so they live on a farm ..I want 2 go visit but is it safe they have sheep .cows.dogs ,horses and chickens ..I know farmers wives have kids

I know you have to keep away from lambs/sheep in lambing season. Only other one im not sure about is cows as i have chickens myself so know they are ok x

yes I was thinking of just staying in the house

As nikki says, make sure you stay away from sheep in lambing season. Cows can harbour harmful E.coli, so you,ll need to wash your hands throughly if you touch them, otherwise I think there safe, I,ve come into contact with them in all my pregnancies and I,ve been fine. Also worked with horses and never had problems xx

well I dont plan on touching any animal just b staying in the farm house ..can u catch anything from farmers cloths

horses are not a problem, not sure about cows but watch out for the lambs on the risk assessment they had to do me at work (I work in a hotel btw so must have been one printed off the internet or some thing) one of the questions was is there a risk of contracting clamidia from lambs so i would stay away from handleing any but apart from that I think you should be ok xx

wouldn't imagin you could catch anything from clothes just maybe wash your hands before you eat anything xx

well I dont plan on touching any animal just b staying in the farm house ..can u catch anything from farmers cloths

As long as non of the animals have any sign infection or disease, then you,ll be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back