FAO: MELAINE OR ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP

Oliver's mummy

Reaction score
i know you must get asked a lot but i've been looking at baby carriers and have pretty much decided on a mei tai, but would you say that this is the best option as oliver is now 6 mnths weighs near 23lbs and is in 12-18 mnth clothes, i'm not an expert on slings and would not instantly know where to start :lol:

so would you say that mei tai was the best or other????????????

i would really appreciate your help

iI'M SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO confused

ANY BODY ELSES OPINION APPRECIATED TOO!!!!!!!!

THANK YOUS :D :D :D :D

Hi :wave:

I've got a babyhawk mei tai and think they are great, Soooo comfy. Evie weighs 18lb at the moment and find carrying her (sometimes for hours on long walks) fine. The weight is really nicely distributed across your shoulders on dead comfy thick padded straps (thats the key to look for if you go for a mei tai)
The babyhawk is designed to carry up to toddler size so even though your boy is a bit heavier you'll be fine..

I got mine through the main American site, it took about 21days to come but you can get them through UK distributors as well (slingjax advertised on the bottom of the forum)

God luck :D

Fluffy Bunny said:
Hi :wave:

I've got a babyhawk mei tai and think they are great, Soooo comfy. Evie weighs 18lb at the moment and find carrying her (sometimes for hours on long walks) fine. The weight is really nicely distributed across your shoulders on dead comfy thick padded straps (thats the key to look for if you go for a mei tai)
The babyhawk is designed to carry up to toddler size so even though your boy is a bit heavier you'll be fine..

I got mine through the main American site, it took about 21days to come but you can get them through UK distributors as well (slingjax advertised on the bottom of the forum)

God luck :D

thank you, i first tried oliver in a mothercare 3 position one but found the straps dug in and after a long walk my back killed me, i thought of carrier as oliver always cries in his loola even though he can see me and is fine after i pick him up. hope he likes it thanks :D :D

Fluffy Bunny said:

Ha, ha, obviously meant good luck :rotfl: made myself laugh there!!!!

The beauty of the mei tai's as opposed to the three way carriers are that on a front carry babbas legs wrap round you rather than dangle down in front. I found the three ways really uncomforable for this reason as Evie has long legs and they were just getting pushed everytime I took a stride.

If Oliver likes being carried you should get on well with a sling. There are lots of different ways you can tie the mei tai's depending on what mood babba is in. I like a front carry, snuggled in, if she is sleepy and a back carry if she is being nosey. You can also do hip carries if he likes being carried all the time, but I haven't tried this yet. I just love the fact you can carry them round and still have your hands free.

what about a patapum or an ergo??

personally im a ring sling girl :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back