UK Baby facilities - I need your help please!

leckershell said:
Bullring has 2 baby changing rooms on the ground floor. The orange one (on the left) is bigger whereas the green one (on the right) is a bit tight for space. Both have adult toilets in too, and disco lights above the changing mat to keep the baby occupied. The green room has a fold down seat for feeding but it's all quite cramped.

And last time we went there Stanley got shreds of tobacco stuck to his bum where someone had used it to roll a spliff :puke:

Minxy said:
leckershell said:
Bullring has 2 baby changing rooms on the ground floor. The orange one (on the left) is bigger whereas the green one (on the right) is a bit tight for space. Both have adult toilets in too, and disco lights above the changing mat to keep the baby occupied. The green room has a fold down seat for feeding but it's all quite cramped.

And last time we went there Stanley got shreds of tobacco stuck to his bum where someone had used it to roll a spliff :puke:

Noooooooooooooooooo! That's awful! :shock:

Minxy said:
leckershell said:

:shock: That is disgusting! :shock:

Basingstoke - Festival Place;

Debenhams has a customer microwave, a bottle warmer and free hand wipes and spoons.

Festival place itself has nice baby change room with a separate Mums toilet and feeding area.

Woking - Peacocks Place food court

Good baby change facilities with toilets for Mum plus microwave and bottle warmer in food court.

Farnham- Public toilets near Waitrose have a very good and clean Baby changing facility.

Windsor -

Daniel Department store; This has a lovely changing area and a separate breast feeding room with Dutalier rocking nursing chairs.

Why oh why oh why do they make baby changing rooms WITHOUT a friggin toilet!!!! :x
If I need to go when I'm out I have to barge my pram into a (usually stinky) loo which is inevitably tiny!!

Anyway, Debenhams Manchester Piccadilli have high chairs & toys, bottle warming and microwave in their restaurant (3rd floor via lift) Probably have baby changing but I didnt look.

Burger King piccadilli (next to primark) has baby changing though.

Birchwood centre, warrington - baby changing next to planet cafe

Thanks all for your suggestions! :D I know I haven't replied much but I've been reading them all :D

The more we can get the better so keep 'em coming :D

I've registered one domain already and just waiting for that to be set up, but probably going to get another domain to go with it. (I have bought www.breastfeedinginpublic.co.uk - surprised nobody else already had it!!!) But I'll get one something like babyfriendly.co.uk or something like that that hasn't already been taken.

:D

also there are breastfeeding support groups at Tamworth SureStart Hawksworth (Thursdays 1230 - 230) and Good Hope Hospital Sutton Coldfield (Mondays 1 - 3). there is a breastfeeding peer service in Tamworth too with someone you can call and chat to about breastfeeding or she can visit you at your house - that's through Sure Start.

eden project in cornwall is great for kids infact most places for kids down here are good but that one stands out as it has microwave facilities and good baby changing facilities.

Hi Michelle,

I just thought id add my bit about Wisbechm its not the best place but it has a few good pointers :D

The local tescos will warm your bottles up in a bottle warmer, they have a decent changing room but no feeding room. Ive seen women BF in the cafe and no one batted an eye lid.

Bakersoven are very good and will warm a bottle up as well for you, but the toilets and changing room are combined, but thy are kept very clean.

There are a couple of cafes that are BF friendly and plenty of discreet corners to do it in.

I will keep a look out.

Tamworth Ankerside centre has a "family room" with 2 mums toilets, 1 changing area, and 2 breastfeeding cubicles. Considering it's Tamworth and the usual state of things I was surprised at how spacious and clean it was in there :) so Ankerside gets a thumbs up :clap:

Ikea Belfast is brilliant,went last night and it has a baby feeding area in its restaraunt,bottle warming and baby changing facilities,a big kids play area,huge lifts for pushchairs,and they seel hipps Organic jars at the restaraunt

Fab idea Leckershell :D And what a brave undertaking too! :clap:

Well, I always complain about changing units in changing rooms. Usually they are so dirty and why on earth do they have to open sideways!?? I can't change my girl from the side! :x Also, in Starbucks, in city centre Manchester (it's the most recent one I can remember, but it happened to me in other places too) they have the changing unit over the loo in the disabled toilet. I was constantly stressed about my girl falling in the loo! :shock:

Lovely breastfeeding room in the Arndale shopping centre in Manchester and in Trafford Centre too. In those two places you can also find a bottle warmer in all their cafes/restaurants. Having said that, the lift to the food court in the Arndale Centre is outside! So to get there, you have to go out and then go back in! :doh:

Aww, some Odeon cinemas do baby screenings where you can enjoy a film not worrying about LO being noisy! :)

Starbucks won't give you a hot water mug to warm baby's milk in but they will heat it for you.

What else? Hmm, Mama's and Pappas in Bolton, doesn't have a feeding room! :shock: Primark in Manchester, they have a locked changing room that is soooo filthy, plus you have to ask them to unlock it for you - that is, if you find where it is, because it is behind a door that says stuff only! :shakehead:

And just to moan a bit more, lol, local post offices tut tut tut, prams don't fit what with all their gift and card stands all around in a tiny little post office!

Can't think of anything else atm, will get back with more (hopefully positive) comments!
:)

Leeds White Rose centre has a baby room where you can change your baby, and it has a side room off it where you can sit (it has 2 chairs and a table) to breastfeed your baby. It has a door separating it from the changing area, so you don't feel like you're having to feed your child in a nappy area. It's very nice and comfortable, with pretty balloons and mushrooms on the walls to make it decorative.

Oh and TGI Fridays provides free baby food (a jar which they put into a bowl and warm up for you) for babies under 10 months old (if accompanied by an adult that is buying a meal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back