Families...

legally_sara

Reaction score
Just wondered how other people's families took the news you were pregnant? My family weren't too happy when I told them about my son (he was a suprise to me too) partly because of my circumstances at the time but now they make a point to say I'd be insane to have another yet (he's nearly 2) and we are now trying! I'm dreading telling them!! I really can't judge how they will take it lol although once they got over the shock of my first pregnancy they got really involved and were great support!!

Any thoughts??
Xxxx

What are they so against hun? Why do they not think you should have another? x

Sent from my knackered iPhone

I dont think that age gap is that bad! My 2 are 22 months apart and next will be 27 months younger than my son. At the end of the day its your choice. Like you say tho once they got used to the idea they were helpful xx

I had just cone out of a crap relationship and got together with my sons dad we had only been seeing each other 2 months and I had moved back home so I understand there worries but we got out own place before my son was born and are still together and very happy! I think to them my son is such a handful they dont think il cope with 2 it's nothing nasty or anything xx

my family were very pleased when finding out i would have an 18mnth old and a newborn... Liams family were NOT HAPPY to say the least

I actually think it will be good to have jasper a TOUCH older (but not too much) but i think small age gaps are good, Hopefully there will be just over 2 years between nb and Jasper which will work well because when NB needs a bit more mummy time, Jasper will be able to go to nursery for a few hours a week :)

Yeah that's my thinking! Also I didn't want to go back into full time work and they come out again it makes more sense to have another now rather than starting again in a few years!
What weren't your oh's parents happy about just the age gap?xx

They are just 'orrid to be honest

they were just not happy about it, they said that it would be a lot of worse and 'we thought you would have waiting' and other such things

I think they will be even more disapproving to hear that we are trying again (i mean, i dont plan to tell anyone until I am 25 weeks anyway) but they will be disapproving about that too, they were disapproving about Jasper! Its just their way!

Here's the thing, you are an adult in a stable relationship and already have a child together. Seems like pretty good time to add to your family to me. Honestly I understand how you value your families opinion BUT at the end of the day its your choice and not theirs. I'd just wait till your pregnancy is well established and them tell them. It's definitely not open for debate then.

I know it's my decision but I just hope they will be as happy about it as me I'm sure they won't be at first but hey they might surprise me!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back