fake tan

.Ruth.

Reaction score
I've been using fake tan all the way through my pregnancy and it has been perfectly fine - made me feel SO much better and normal

But now for some reason my skin won't take it??

It's coming up all patchy... have been trying different things, exfoliating more.. moisturising etc. nothing helps.

Anyone else had this? Is it hormonal changed in my skin?

I hate being pale!!!

Yeah it's hormonal huni, have u tried a different brand? Apparently your skin can just react weird to things ur usually ok with, all part of the joys of pregnancy. I'm sat in the garden trying to get brown! Haha I was meant to be booking a spray tan for this weekend hoping baby would come when I'm all nice and brown but I can't bare to expose the flesh to some poor girl! Haha! Gona defo fake it once I've got some energy tho x

totally with ya on this one! lol iv had a few spray tans and the more my pregnancy has progressed the more easily it comes off. yes it is hormone changes, ya skin doesnt take to anythin at all. hair dye is the same so thats also doin my head in! lol havin the roots done like every 3 weeks and iv got dark hair!! lol i hate lookin like snow white and always used fake tan and sunbeds so iv just been applying the wash off rimmel tan thats about a 5er. just puttin that on whenever i go out or daily makes me feel more normal :) and it doesnt go on patchy either like most of ya 8 hour wait ones will now ! :wall2: get the medium matte, its not light and not proper dark either its just right :) xx

Yeah it's hormonal huni, have u tried a different brand? Apparently your skin can just react weird to things ur usually ok with, all part of the joys of pregnancy. I'm sat in the garden trying to get brown! Haha I was meant to be booking a spray tan for this weekend hoping baby would come when I'm all nice and brown but I can't bare to expose the flesh to some poor girl! Haha! Gona defo fake it once I've got some energy tho x

haha same here ! i hate barin all now when i go for me sprays so i havnt had as many! but goin away next weekend and dont wanna look albino lol so shes goin have to cope with the nightmares lol havin me feet done now every 3 weeks too in preparation for labour :D and the fact i can no longer reach my feet! :wall2: xx

thanks will try that!

I use a spray one and just buff usually... looks horrendous atm and I cant be arsed washing it off haha..

I wish I could sit outside, I get bored :(

I'm getting a sunbed hired afterwards for a few weeks... probably seems really vain but I miss the old me. A tan has always made me feel and look much better.

As for hair dye - my red is staying very vibrant but my hair is growing so fast I have blonde roots that look grey in contrast haha

thanks will try that!

I use a spray one and just buff usually... looks horrendous atm and I cant be arsed washing it off haha..

I wish I could sit outside, I get bored :(

I'm getting a sunbed hired afterwards for a few weeks... probably seems really vain but I miss the old me. A tan has always made me feel and look much better.

As for hair dye - my red is staying very vibrant but my hair is growing so fast I have blonde roots that look grey in contrast haha

haha it is an effort but try this rimmel it will make ya feel better a bet ya :) i go on the laptop i couldnt just sit there! to be honest it was gettin abit like pets at home out there with the flys n everythin so i came in lol i hate nature lol

nope not vain at all! people keep askin me what i would like a an afterbirth present and i keep tellin them sunbed course please lol il have loads at this rate lol

good ya hair colour is stayin in! and tell me about it! everythin is growin 10 times faster and its quite annoyin apart from the hair on ya head lol xx

Last edited:
haha I can't see my main hairy bit... I just ignore it! Thank god for big bumps ;)

Although tanning my legs has been VERY hard - I usually just do my face chest and arms... and then ankles and feet if wearing a maxi.... the rest of my legs dont really see daylight lol

wouldnt have a clue what mine looks like anymore! lol jackson five look has been avoided as best i can tho lol

exactly the same here! i struggle just shavin my legs in the bath now let alone tryin bloody put tan on them xx

haha trying to shave in the bath is so hard, I end up just sort of attacking my leg with the razor and dragging it in any direction possible!

Jackson 5 look is doing a come back in my gaff ;) I'm sick of cutting myself down there lol

haha ! my OH keeps offering to do it for me , i just look at him as if to say , really!? and ignore the comment lol that is just a defo no go while im this big !! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back