Faithangle Labour Experience ****

faithangle

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

(Warning this is a long post sorry)

As promised I'm finally posting my labour thread. Last Wednesday I woke up at 3am with painful contractions. I decided to have a warm bath which i stayed in for 2 hours then text my mum to tell her. All morning Contractions continued with me on all fours rocking my hips and having really bad pains in my lower spine. By late afternoon everything stopped and no sign of babys arrival.

Thursday 26th April, still no signs. Went for my sweep at 11:30am. The midwife then told me the baby was back to back and I needed to get her to turn. The sweep was painful I was trying to wriggle away from her as I couldn't bare it. She had lots of bloody show on her hands. So once I'd gone shopping I stayed on all fours, had a bath and floated on my front. Went to bed laying on my left side to encourage her to turn. Experience some pain which woke me but then it stopped.

Friday 27th April, Woke up as usual to get the kids ready for school and dropped them off with my OH. No signs so I made sure I stayed standing help clean under my mums stairs. At 12:45pm I felt a little wet thought I had pee'd a little so went up to the toilet. I had brown bloody in my pantyliner. Water slowly flowed into the toilet, I was unsure if it was wee or my waters as I could stop it. However it continued for quite some time. I then notice in the toilet it looked brown which Of course made be concerned as Baby had probably opened her bowels. When I wiped it was yellow. I called the hospital and they told me to go straight to delivery suite to be examined. I arrived at the hospital at 1:30pm the MW told me I need to go to day assessment, so I told her my waters were brown and baby was not moving. I was sent to the waiting room for about 10minutes then she told me to still go up to the 4th floor to the day assessment to be exmained. So my OH, mum, sister and I went up. We had to wait ages for the lift because we was on the 1st floor.

When I got up there the MW checked my pad immediately and was very angry they had sent me up with meconium and apologised and rang straight down to them asking why they sent me up and that baby needed monitoring. At this point I was getting angry.

We got back to delivery suite waited a further 10 minutes, then finally I was hooked up to the monitors to monitor babys heart beat and contractions for 30min. Baby was fine so that was a relief. I then got tranfered into a bay at around 3:30pm. I was cannulated and assessed by the doctor who informed me if I have not deliveried the baby by 8:25pm they will have to induce me. However my contrations were coming closer and stronger so they moved me to the delivery room. By now I was 5cm dilated I took 1g paracetmol. They then had to insert a ecg into me to screw into the babys head to monitor her heart to ensure she wasn't in destress. Their first attempt was giving a clear reading so they had to redo it. It was very uncomfortable. At 5pm I was 7cm dilated, 7:20pm 9cm dilated. During this time I was so hot and mum was giving me sips of water my body was shaking. I started pushing but I was so short of breath I nearly passed out my lips were purple. By 8:03pm My baby girl was born weighing 6lbs 10oz. The doctor had to immediately check her over incase she had ingested any meconium, but she was fine. I then had to stay for 24hours for her to be monitored.

Since then I have been unable to walk very far as my spd is really bad. I've been using crutches to get about the house. I've been so weak and exhausted, hence me only posting this thread now.

Last edited:
Congrats on the birth of your baby girl. Sounds like an unpleasant experience though! hope your SPD eases up soon x

Congratulations! So sorry you had such a stressful time of it!! Xx

Congratulations I hope you feel better soon!
Can you upload a piccy of your LO? :) x

Congratulations and I hope the SPd eases for you soon hun! X

I hate it when you hear about hospitals sending you to the wrong places. Grrrr...

But glad baby was all oki poki. Congrats!

Big congrats - sorry to hear you didnt have too great a time tho! Hope ur feeling better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back