My labour thread!

Crackers

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Lots of newbies since last week - welcome everyone!

Firstly, thank you to Steffy for updating you all on my labour. And apologies for no updates(!) but it was super quick...no time!

So, early hours Friday morning I had some weird cramps when I got up for the loo. Thought nothing of it really. Had my sweep booked for 12.30. Had an upset stomach beforehand, but again thought nothing of it really as that's been quite common through my whole pregnancy.

Sweep went well, midwife predicted Bubs would arrive by Monday. She told me to go for a walk and have a bath of pains/cramps get worse. And to only call hospital when I was getting contractions every 5mins for 2 hours straight. Well! Went for a walk, pains every 10mins. Uh oh...!
Came home, got in bath, txt hubby to say he MIGHT have to leave early. 10mins later I told him he HAD to come home now! My mum came over about 3pm and told me to ring hospital straight away; contractions every 4mins. Called and was told to leave it a few hours and have something to eat etc. I left it half an hour, couldnt eat a thing, called them back. Ended up in hospital being examined by 5.30. Journey seemed to take forever as contractions whilst sitting in a car are not nice!
Midwives didn't seem convinced I was in established labour. After examination they seemed shocked - I was already 4/5cm dilated. Went into a lovely room with bath, sat in bath for half hour or so, then threw up and decided to get out and walk again. Paced the room, and leant against the wall with each contraction. At 7.30 the midwife said to the student midwife (who were both soooo lovely!) 'I think baby will be here by 8.15. Well she was close!

After throwing up a couple more times (even though I hadn't eaten since breakfast! It was all juice!) I was ready to push. They tried to get me to use gas & air but it wasn't working as I couldn't get enough into my system for it to be effective before each push. At this point I was on my knees leaning against the headrest of the bed. My waters finally broke SMS there was meconium so they were trying to check for Bubs hb. Couldn't find it in that position so I had to turn onto my back and have a monitor strapped to me. As I realised this could get serious I pushed with all my might - and I'll be honest it hurt! But that was with absolutely no pain relief, and I'm fine. So you'll all be fine girls!

Baby Joy was born at 8.56pm - less than 3 and a half hours after arriving at the hospital. And I love her to pieces!

Sorry for the mammoth post!

X

Wow, great story crackers and all without pain relief! You are a trouper!! Hope mine us as quick as that! Congratulations again xx

Huge congratulations!!! Hope mine is that quick. Amazed you managed with no pain relief - well done! xx

What a lovely birth storey!
Congrats, glad all went well!

and HUGE CONGRATS on no pain relief!!!

x

wow no pain relief your soo brave, lovely story x

Wow well done crakers! :) thanks for sharing your story and massive congrats x

Thanks girls!

Just realised I should've named the thread 'birth story' - bit misleading. Any ideas on how to change it?

Congratulations! How brave are you having no pain relief!! Hope mine is that quick lol xx

what an amazing story... with detail which is nice... you can never have tmi when its a labour thread. Congrats on baby Joy!! And even more congrats on doing it all without pain relief... Amazing!!!
xxx

Wow, sounds like you did brilliantly! WIth no pain relief as well! I'm impressed :) Congratulations on ur baby girlie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back