Fainting followed by no nausea symptoms - help!

Shooby

Reaction score
Hi all
Have had terrible nausea from morning until night.
Coming home I got the feeling of needing to go to loo quite urgently (bowel).
I started to feel dizzy and managed to just get to the loo as my legs were about to give way. I sat on loo for20 mins had severe pains across my stomach (went to the loo by the way..) was sweating profusely and ended up lying on the floor for 10 mins while the sensation passed. I had to ask my 5 year old to get me a drink of water. This was two hours ago and now I feel fine no nausea and ravenous appetite.

My sister thinks it is normal but i'm not so sure. Any advice before I consider going to A & E?
Thanks

No pains in my stomach just odd twitch.

aww sounds bad, have you eaten anything that may have disagreed with you? I have been gobbling fruit and fruit juice down me like the world is going to end and gave myself a bad time on the loo for a good hour i thought i was going to die I was in sooo much pain, but then I was ok.

as for the fainting my Nana said she fainted throughout her 3 pregnancys and my partners mum fainted regularly with him, hopefully it is not serious but go docs if you are worried :) best to be safe

I know how you feel re the toilet thing!! I was the same a few weeks back and really thought i was losing bub, turned out to be a dodgy tummy:blush:

Had no pain after or anything xxx

Thanks guys. I know my description is a bit graphic but I felt I needed to give the full story.
I've just been to my car and feel incredibly dizzy still. What's weird is the nausea I've had for 3 weeks solid from the moment I woke until I go to bed has oddly disappeared. Had the best meal tonight in 3 weeks!

Contact your midwife or doctor and get checked over to be on safe side.

The dizziness sounds like you may be suffering from low blood pressure or anemia.

Let us know how you go hun xxxx

it is normal, blood pressure tends to be a little lower during pregnancy, especially first and second trimester and going to the loo enables some parasympatic reactions that also contribute to syncope or fainting. fancy doctor words but anyway...what you cna do is get up gradually, spending 5 min in sitting position before you get up, drink lots of water, eat frequent and lay down immediately when you feel dizzy. when you lay down, your brain receives more oxygen and blood supply so you feel better.
you have no idea how many fainting pregnant girls i saw at hospital until now....some even finding out that they are pregnant after fainting lol :D

Sorry maybe that was a b it unclear, sweating and nausea are also part of this and should go away when you lay down.

I'm seeing midwife on Friday for first time so will wait until then as I've felt absolutely fine (definitely human) all day today. My main concern is that I have no sickness symptoms which is weird as i have been utterly floored with tiredness and nausea 24/7. Should I be cconcerned?

Thanks all for advice much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back