This may sound silly

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I've got Tyler's 6 week check tomorrow and I'm worrying they are going to tell me I'm doing it all wrong and he's not being looked after properly or not happy.

Since having his BCG he's been more grumpy and not smiling as much but I think it's coincided with his growth spurt! I hope it's bot a reaction because he smiled at the lady just as she put the needle in and then he yelled??

It's not very in depth, the GP didn't even weigh Vincent today. He just checked his heart, eyes, legs and balls as far as I remember and that was it!

Mia had her 6 week check today and I was the same as you with worry.
The doc checked her from head to toe. Her reflexes etc... She weighed her and everything was perfect.
I'm sure he's a perfectly happy baby hun....
Don't think the smiling is anything to do with the BCG, but if your worried say it to the doc tomorrow.
I was told BCG is the least severe of all the vaccines, mia has her next jabs on 5th of march and I'm shitting a brick.
Try not to worry :hugs: xxxx

Oh don't be daft you're a fab mummy! With c they checked him head to foot, he had enflamed skin that was peeling on the inside of his hands, due to.me keeping his mittens on too much, thrush on his tongue, I felt so stupid but it was all new to me and that's what the docs are there for :) he was screaming too he didn't like being exposed so I felt really nervous then. X

He's been in a grump all day and being funny about feeding :s
Not been easy to get down to sleep either!

U will both b fine Hun !! Like the girls have said its nothing I depth just a once over really, might ask u few things like about his feeding and sleeping etc but nothing a brill mummy like u can't answer cxxx

You'll be fine pinky all it is is a general check over to make sure everything is where it should be like testicals etc xxx

All will be ok, you are doing a great job, Jake was weird for about a week after his one but was back to normal after that, the other jabs were much worse I thought, for Jake anyway as they always gave him a fever, upset tummy and runs for about 5 days xxx

It's not very in depth, the GP didn't even weigh Vincent today. He just checked his heart, eyes, legs and balls as far as I remember and that was it!

I asked my gp about weighing leo and he looked at me like i was stupid and was like no we dont weigh here. dont get why they dont xxx

Don't doubt yourself chicky. You're doing a fab job! X

You're a fab mummy:hug: docs know that babies get cranky at times x

I was worried he might've associated smiling with pain. Think I'm over analysing lol!!

Yesterday he didn't feed as much as normal and cried when I offered it or even lay him on my lap to get my top sorted but maybe he's eating less now??

Grr sent before I finished.

He's defo getting weighed as I rung up to change my appt as I need to go clinic this week and it clashes but the receptionist said it's fine!

Thanks anyway everyone really hope they say he's good!

He will be great. Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job with him. He might be taking as much milk but feeding quicker. My oldest always took over 40 mins to feed but youngest only takes about 15 mins in total. Hv said it would take might take her 5 mins soon! Hope all goes well

Don't worry about the smiling hon as the milestone is 8 weeks so he's doing great smiling at 6 weeks, my Lo took ages to smile and he barely did it then had his first jabs at 8 weeks and he was so grumpy we didn't get hardly any for ages again, but I think cos of his colic there wasn't alot to smile about, I was worried like you that he would associate it with bad, but as soon as he hit 3 months and colic passed he's the smileiest giggle bum ever. I'm sure over the next week or 2 you'll notice more and more smiles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back