Face rash like sunburn

Bubalu

Reaction score
I have a horrible rash on my face. I think it's due to a sudden intolerance to my skin cream. It's so sore....like sunburn. I wondered if anyone else has found this and is there anything we can take (eg is it safe to take piriton) to calm it down. Any thing I try to apply to my skin (all fragrance free natural products) just seems to make it worse. It looks pretty nasty too. :oops: :(

Do you think it could be something to do with your hormones? I have the same thing and it happens every time I get pregnant. I went to the doctor and he wouldn't give me anything as I wasn't past the 24 week mark. I ended up applying benadryl myself because I couldn't cope with the burning and itching. After 2 days it went away!

Sorry to hear its so unpleasant. Have you tried something with aloe vera in, which is always good for sunburn. TBH, I'd avoid your face creams for now and let it settle and hopefully it'll fade. Go see your GP tomorrow to get him/her to look at it though. Chances are it could be PG related and your skin has simply gotten more sensitive. Failing everything else, a damp flannel on your skin to cool it down.

With regards to Piriton...

A quick google for 'piriton safe in pregnancy' got me this result

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.

The safety of this medicine during pregnancy has not been established. It should be avoided during pregnancy, unless the potential benefits to the mother outweigh any possible risk to the developing baby. This is particularly important during the first and third trimesters. As with all medicines, seek medical advice from your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant.

This medicine may pass into breast milk. It should be avoided by breastfeeding mothers unless the potential benefits to the mother outweigh any possible risk to the nursing infant. As with all medicines, seek medical advice from your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding.

I would guess other search returns will say much the same. Info taken from this webpage

Could you keep a cold wet flannel with you are hold that over your face as much as possible?
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you for the replies. My skin is feeling less sore now though the redness hasn't faded. My face is left looking scolded....hopefully it will fade soon. I always have had a tendency for sensitive skin but over the years have learned what it could take. I guess that's another thing that changes in pregnancy.....and there I was thinking I had no symptoms :lol:

For anyone suffering the same complaint......I did find in the bottom of my bathroom cabinet some old cream (Avene anti-redness cream) which I got from Boots when my skin flared up years ago. That seems to be being tolerated and may even have taken out the sting. I also can tolerate Bare Escentuals mineral cosmetics to cover up the redness. I our skins are all different but they may be worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back