ezthma ?!?!?

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
well i went to health visitor yesterday and she said that Theo has ezthma.... :? basically his skin is dry and is bumpy under the skin, he has it on hi chest and little bit on his face. no redness or sore at all. i said that we moisturise him all the time,and that we use jhonsons baby, she said that this is a big "no, no" that i should use aquious cream on him, and oilatum

went to pharmacy, who said he defo does not need oilatum, and to just use organic baby products if he does actually have ezthma

so i'm confused. does he have ezthma or not? lol
and if he does and i stop using perfumed products and change wash poweder ect, then will it clear up or will he always have it?

on the plus side, i brouhg him this
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... ogId=11051

Dylan had tiny bumps under his skin on his legs when he was a couple of weeks old and really flaky dry skin on his cheeks. We had used Johnsons for the first time 2 nights before (not sure if this was a coincidence?)... anyway... HV prescribed Oilatum for him. We use the bath stuff and then the cream for after his bath. It's been great for his skin and he loves it when we put the cream on him. It must be really soothing for him.

Maybe you should see your GP and ask for his opinion?

It really depends how bad the eczema is hun tbh. My son had it fairly mild when he was really little, and we managed to control it with aqueous cream/E45 and cutting out all perfumed products. But it gradually got worse after a few months and started to get raw red patches in his creases - behind the knees, in his elbows etc, and HV kept insisting it would be fine but to me looked angry and sore. I eventually took him to the docs who prescribed a mild hydrocortisone cream, and this cleared it up a treat within days. He had a couple of little breakouts after that but the hydrocortisone got rid of it really quickly, and now he has had nothing for well over 2 years, so hopefully it was just an infantile ezcema and wont be rearing its ugly head again. If you are at all worried about your LO then get docs advice - if nothing else they can prescribe you some strong moisturiser like E45 so you dont have to pay shop prices for it! :D

well i brought some Oilatum cream and 1st time i put it on theo scremed the house down, and his skin went bright red where i had put it......
later that evening daddy put it on Theo and again he screamed and screamed. i tired putting moisturiser on him and he was fine, smiling infact.... so i am wondering if there is something in the oilatum wheich stings him or something...

well took little monkey to doctors this morning, (he was bit of a old fart, but seems very nice so...) he said theo sisnt have Exthma. that he just had a rash... whihc is bad today its all over his chest but Doc said its just a normal baby rash. that his skin was not dry at all, and he'd be fine

so now i dont know who to belive..
H.V says - Ezthma
Pharmasist say - Couldnt be could not be
doctor says - Defo not Ezthma

hmmmm doctor also said that theo was too young really to have infantile Ezthma???? is this true????

only thing that makes me think it might be (aswell as being old of course) it that it runs very strongly in OH side of family.. he has 13 Brothers and Sisters (shocking, i know)... and they all have it, Luke (OH) is only one out of all that does not :? = very confused!

I know of a great website that does organic baby products which might help - I was worried about Charlotte because I had eczema. When I went on a baby massage course they said to never use baby oil on a baby (why they are allowed to sell it is a mystery to me) but recommended rape seed oil, as it is light and easily absorbed.

The website is www.organicbod.co.uk and they do all the shampoos, bath products etc.

Jacob had a bad rash for a while. I don't know whether it was eczema or not but I changed what I do for him and now his skin is perfectly clear. I give him a bath every third day (approximately) with a cup of chamomile tea in it (it smells lovely and I do this for myself sometimes too) I only use a tiny drop of organic shampoo on his head and nothing on his body. Afterwards, I massage him using a little bit of Kamilosan (but a lot goes a LONG way). This cleared him right up and although the Kamilosan is a bit greasy, it gets absorbed quickly and I prefer it over olive oil because I don't like when he smells like olives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back