Eyes

HKB33

Reaction score
Hi, I am 20 weeks pregnant and have found my contact lenses so uncomfortable that i have had to stop wearing them. Has anyone else had this problem? I went to my optician and he told me this is quite normal. Having not worn my glasses for ages i have also found that because they are my old prescription they are not too good either. I really need new lenses but can't afford the opticians prices (they are asking about £150 (i have bad eyesight)). Is there a cheaper option? :roll:

my mum wears contacts and she said they irritated her when she was pg with me and the first sign she knew she was pg with my little sister was when her contacts bugged her! think ur only option is glasses i'm afraid!
when u do hav enough money tho i so recommend laser eye surgery. its one of the best things i ever did its fabulous!

hello and welcome!

I will move this to the "Ask a Mum" section, maybe some people there will be able to help you more.

:D

I had this during the first month after Ellie was born. My optician said it was caused by dehydration. I basically not drinking enough water.

I suffered too-I only wear my lenses to go out and for swimming (neither of which I did much when I was PG), mentioned it to my optician, I have daily disposables, and he gave me some to try which were called moisture dailys I think, they were extra comy for people who suffered with dry eyes, its common in pregnancy he said. I
Luckily I invested in a new pair of glasses before I was PG and I tend to wear them all the time now anyway xxx

I was also told my eyes may dry out during pregnancy and to wear contacts less if it happened.

I also had a contact lense check and my sight kept changing throughout the test so was told to come back after i had given birth

yeah i also suffered but after luke was born it all went back to normal. i found i could wear them when i was PG for short periods but they were very irritating and quite blurry after a while i couldn't drive in the dark with them in no way! :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back