External cephalic version, ie baby turning

Doors27

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife is 38 weeks pregnant and our son is breech. We are booked in for an external cephalic version next tuesday and have provisionally booked the 16th for c-section if this doesn't work.

Has anyone been through an ECV and if so would you be willing to share your experiences with us? Did it work, was it painful, did your child turn back...

Thank you in advance

Anthony

Just wanted to wish you both luck with the ECV.......I was offered it last week, but my husband and I decided against it - why? Mainly because my baby is so tightly tucked in my ribs, and is fully engaged so it was discussed that he would be very difficult to turn.

I have heard many success stories though, and most people I have spoken to said it was pain free.

I have my c-section booked for the 16th, so if the ECV doesnt work for you, our babies should arrive on the same day :eek:

I am sure the ECV will prove sucessful though and good luck!

Thank you for your well wishes Ellie and good luck for the 16th. You must be very excited.

Thankfully our little one isn't too tucked up and there is still a lot of fluid around him so that will hopefully work in or favour. We both felt somewhat deflated when we were told we would have to have a c-section as we'd always wanted a natural birth, Hopefully the ECV will work and that will still be possible. If it doesn't though, we're happy for the c-section if it is best for him. As long as he's healthy and ahppy that's the mani thing. He's just like his father, awkward.

Best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back