Expressing

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Im only just starting to express so not getting a lot when I do. My question is, if I only express 1oz per session, can I put more than one sessions milk into one bottle? So if I express 1 oz at lunchtime, can I put what I express later on in the same bottle? Or do I need to have lots of bottles with only a small amount in?

Sorry if that sounds confusing but I am confused! Lol!

They dont recommend it. They say you should never mix and you should label each one with time and date so you know how long it has been stored for. Thats what I was told anyway.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

When I had to begin expressing I was told it was perfectly ok to mix them together but obviously make sure you know when the oldest milk in each particular bottle has to be used by. I just pop the use by date on a little post it so I know when it must be used by.

I love this site! Really useful

http://www.mother-2-mother.com/ExclusivePumping.htm

I did this. I was only able to express an ounce at a time so kept it in the fridge. And each time I expressed, I added to it. I just made sure that it was milk expressed from morning to night. Not over a few days iykwim?x

Yeah that's way I was planning on doin lula. One days worth in one bottle. Gonna start pumping properly tomorrow morning. Always seem to have loads of milk and leakage in the mornings.

Need to get started on expressing so i can get back to zumba and know Henry can be fed if he is hungry.

Beckys link explains all this really well. I add to it, but express into a fresh bottle, it goes in the fridge, then combine them when both cold.

You can also mix different days milk, you just need to use it by the earliest date. Eg - so if you express on the first, and add to it on the 2nd, you need to date the whole bottle from the first iykwim. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back