Expressing

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
I am breastfeeding Zach, and have not yet tried expressing. I am going out Monday evening and need to express so my DH can feed him. When is the best time to express, do you express off one breast while feeding from the other? Any tips appricated.

Thanks

The morning is meant to be best for expressing but having said that I've only expressed at night as it is the only time I've been able to do so. I have a manual pump (avent isis) and tbh I have to use two hands with it so I don't think I could feed at the same time. I tend to try and mimic what Oscar does on the breast so at the beginning some quick pumps to get the milk going and then slower pumps but stopping every now and again just like he does. I don't express regularly but tend to get around 2-3oz off each boob per evening. I know some people are able to get more, some less though.

Good luck and have a nice evening out :)

i get a lot out a lot more quickly if i pump in the morning. but saying that, evenings not too bad. the first time i tried i only got like 2oz, but now ill get 4oz in just 15mins or so.

India wont take the bottle though, but sometimes she'll decide she wont feed for like a whole day, i dont worry for her so much as she's a chunk, but it KILLS me!!! thats where my pump helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back