Expressing milk and satisfying baby?

Lilylou

Reaction score
I have been expressing milk during the day in the hope that OH can give the last feed of the day.........however it never seems to satisfy our baby even though he doesn't finish the bottle........he does drink it down quickly but never settles properly and is asking for food again quite soon afterwards......does anyone have any tips :?:

Also I usually feed from one breast and express from the other but he's now nearky 7 weeks old is sometimes having more than one breast so how do I fit in expressing around that???? Any advice would be great....

Sounds like your baby is going through a growth spurt.... Oscar has always had both boobies per feed... 20 minutes each side.
i think your baby is just growing and needs more feeding time to increase your milk supply.
Hope advice is of some use - good luck :D :D
Emilia xx

I was demand feeding George and he was feeding up to 18 times a day. I now feed him every 4 hours and he is much happier, and i only ever feed him from one side, but I make sure he stays on until I am empty and then I know he has gotten the hind milk. I express a bottle late evening and it seems to work.

But, the last feed of the day is a bottle and I use Aptimel formula if I havent been able to express enough, it really seems to work for us.

Thanks guys - always good to know you're not alone!.........by the way how did you get onto a 4 hour routine!!! that's fantastic !!! we're on about every 3 hour except he seems to get hungrier in the evenings ( is this normal?) but I can't imagine stretching it to 4 hours - I only dream of such things! It seems as likely as sleeping through the night at the mo.........

Lilylou

He is probably cluster feeding in the evenings which is totally normal, he's stocking up for the night ;)

Ella has an expressed feed after her bath, as her second to last feed of the night. Then she goes on the boob for topping up/comfort before she goes down. In the day I also sometimes have to use both breasts and couldn't express. However if your bub is sleeping for a few hours at night you may find that you can express one boob whilst feeding off the other when he wakes. That definately works for me. Last night Ella slept 11.30pm til 6.30am, so when she woke I sat up and had an electric pump on one boob and her on the other, managed to get 6oz which is a good feed for her in a bit.

HTH

:)

I really need to start expressing by the sounds of it!

Right, I've expressed 4oz this morning, my boobs feel totally empty (Brody fed from one while I expressed from the other)
Now he seems hungry....oh no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back