• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Expressed Breast Milk Question

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi All,

I expressed tonight for the first time, I only took a bit off (1.5oz) to see what it was like. I am just wondering though, everywhere I have read about expressing tells me about storage and how to warm it up etc.......but how do I know I've got it to the right temparature?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I am just wanting to make sure I do this right.

Thanks all :hug:

I heated it to body temp hun under the tap, just taking the chill off :D

Okie doke, will do that......if i pour a bit on the back of my hand am I just checking that it doesn't feel too hot? Sorry, I think I'm being stupid here :oops:

Emmylou said:
Okie doke, will do that......if i pour a bit on the back of my hand am I just checking that it doesn't feel too hot? Sorry, I think I'm being stupid here :oops:

Its not stupid :)

I dribble abit on my wrist (palm side) and by that you can tell if its too hot, if it feels ok on your skin then it should be fine :D

:hug:

Thanks Tasha for your help :hug:
DH fed her last night from the bottle (we got those Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature ones - they are brilliant!), and she took it at room temparature....I'm so proud of her
:D

Emmylou said:
Thanks Tasha for your help :hug:
DH fed her last night from the bottle (we got those Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature ones - they are brilliant!), and she took it at room temparature....I'm so proud of her
:D

Not a problem hunny :hug:

Glad it all went ok.

I think its a great idea letting OH have ago, but I just want to let you know that until your milk established I wouldnt do this alot as it will take longer for your milk to be come established, putting bubba to the breast all the time is so important at this stage, by 2 half months you should be able to leave your bubba for a few hours with someone and a bottle of bm with no problems :)

Also when you dont feed bubba say for example at 6pm on the tuesday and then 6pm on the wednesday your body wont produce much milk on that next day as it thinks it dont need it, this is why its best to do it later on when your about nearly 3 months as your milk is more esablished and you will get a let down even if you missed the night before.

Saying that tho Olivia would have a bottle of BM with those tommie tippie ones no problem on and off in the first 3 months but then all of a sudden she wasnt interested :lol: so dont count on it always being an option hunny :lol:

I am sorry if I sounded horrible I just have your best interests at heart :hug:

Tasha20 said:
I am sorry if I sounded horrible I just have your best interests at heart :hug:

Not at all Tasha, I appreciate all your help & advice :hug: Think I might just give her the bottle a couple of times a week to keep it familiar, but express when she takes from the bottle so my boobs don't get confused :wink: would that work?

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back