Experienced breast pump users?

Laura1992

Reaction score
I am hoping for a bit of breast pump advice from those of you that have used them before! I will be feeding twins, so I'm keen on the medela swing double electric breast pump, although it certainly isn't cheap. Can anyone recommend anything they've used, or comment on medela electric pumps?

Many thanks!

I used the medela swing single one and found it great. I found hand expressing hard and uncomfortable but the swing got loads of milk with no discomfort. I recommend it

I haven't had any experience but I've been looking for one myself. I wanted the Medela swing but tried to find a cheaper alternative. I found the Spectra 3 which you can convert into a double pump too. All the reviews on Amazon are fantastic x

I've heard great reviews about the madela. I don't recommend a hand pump, they're crap!

I think the medela swing is worth it's weight in gold, especially if you intend to pump every day to build up a reserve. I also have the medela hand pump and that is brilliant too, I would get lpts of milk from each side quite quickly. Though Id recommend getting something like that if you plan to be expressing when you go back to work or if you want to express every now and then.

I had a few different ones I had a cheap alternative but nothing compared to the medela. Would 100% use it next time should I have another. The hand pumps were achy and uncomfortable the medula I actually once fell asleep with it! Ithe does make you feel like a cow though! Lol

Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I will be investing. I'm totally expecting to feel like a cow for some time, and probably not just because of the milking haha xx

I have a madela swing double. Its a safe bet but is quite noisy. Not everyone takes to breast pumps very well so you may find it better to hire a pump for a month or two before buying one.

I used a hand pump for a while which was ok, but then it broke lol Went for the medela mini electric as I couldn't afford the swanky one and it's doing great - the main complaint seems to be about the noise and I can confirm - it's bloody loud! I kind of don't care though, depends if you mind it or not...
I use it late evening mainly to draw enough off for the 'dream feed' and sometimes for a morning feed when my partner gives me a lie in :) Also got me enough to leave with grandparents one night so we could go out for 3 hours! I dunno how much you're wanting to express though and for twins... congrats by the way :) ...maybe the more expensive swing pump gets more out...

I've heard that the swanky double electric one does get more out and quickly/more painlessly.. they claim so anyway, but then they would :)

I would like to pump quite a bit, I think, because my partner wants to feed them and my mum will too. Also I need a break and sleep occasionally :D

Thanks again for everyone's advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back