Exhaustion v's Nesting

Cleo100

Reaction score
:wave: Hey girls,

Been reading all your posts about super duper cleaning spree's and being really active doing the house from top to bottom etc.......

The thing is that I am exhausted, I mean fooked.......and have been since week 26 I'm wayyyy to tired to even load dishes into the dishwasher and on the days I do clean when the house looks like a complete tip I'm so totally drained after and in so much pain in hips back etc..... I'm still doing laundry, cleaning the bathrooms and cooking dinner every day as usual.......but everything else is just building up as I just cant cope.

I'm anemic (on pregaday Iron tabs) which could be the cause of some of the tiredness and dont sleep well at night because of spd but I have just not hit this "nesting" stage yet..... even when we did the nursery I was forcing myself to do it and sitting on the floor whilst assembling most of the stuff!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who did not get this "nesting" thing?

I feel like such a lazy pig reading all the other messages on here, everything seems like a hassle....... I even have a nap at 3pm every day for an hour!!

Cleo xxx (aka Fatty Mac Fat Fat)

I don't and haven't done "nesting" Im still working so that could be why also I am soooo messy anyway. I really am terrible, like I don't mind mess I don't like dirt or me being messy but my surroundings don't worry me :) Nesting just isnt one of my "things" lol.

Don't stress yourself out, and, surely the anaemia has got to be a large part of this. I'm sure you won't care about if you've dusted the saucepan cupboard in five weeks time.

Hiya just wanted to reply as i made a post on cleaning...

Don't feel bad I felt the same earlier on, im only doing it now caause i really feel he could come early, and its more panic then nestinig, i also have mild ocd lol! I HATE not having my home some what purfect...

i wouldn't feel guilty at all, if anything resting is loads better then tidying, i ended up getting well stressed in the end and crying cause i couldnt do it as quick as normal :(

:hug:

I am so glad someone else feels like me too! I seemed to have done all my nesting weeks and weeks ago and now I am just sooo tired! I can't sleep at night or during the day s I am just like a zombie allday everyday! I have no idea where the energy will come from to give birth and I am due a week today and still got loads to do! :(

:wave: I didnt nest whilst pregnant with DS and dont think I will be nesting with this one I just can be arsed :lol:

MW has actually advised me not to hoover, I have to be careful cooking due to my blackouts and ditto for standing up for even 5 mins to polish so Im off the hook and will laze around in filth till LO is here.

Dont be ashamed we are all different, although I think its very rude that the nesting girls dont come to us none nesting girls house and share their obsession!! :lol:

Last time when I had just had DS we brought my house and THEN I started with freaky cleaning, I even stripped artex off the bathroom wall whilst BF DS in a carrier!!!

Hey Cleo

I am anemic too and had SPD. On top of that, I never even got to my maternity leave so never really done any nesting!

I cleared out some cupboards and stuff, and put the nursery furniture etc early on which was handy as in the later stages OH ended up doing the cooking and I just done mild regular cleaning.

Thankfully I have some energy back now and able to keep on top of things, but don't feel like I missed out on anything by not doing a massive nest fest.

Feel free to relax hun, it's the best thing you can do for you and baby right now. :hug: xx

For the past week or so, I have been feeling absolutely exhausted. The other night I went to sleep on the couch @ 8pm and woke up at 11,30pm and headed up to bed only to sleep right thru to 11am next morning! :oops:

As for nesting, I havent really done it either... I did a lot of nesting weeks ago, when I had energy, and now everything is just waiting to be finished... I just have no energy to put out the clothes, let alone start arranging and organising (something I used to love doing).

So, you are not alone honey... don't feel lazy. I was feeling guilty for lying on the couch and lazing about but DH reassured me that the most important thing right now is my and the baby's health. The same goes for you. :hug:

Just put up a thread asking for tips ... maybe someone can give us insight on how to get back our energy... :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back