exhaustion at work

starstruck2011

Reaction score
Would you see your doc for some time off if you were exhausted at work?

Ive just done 3 night shifts - Fri, Sat, Sun and now back in starting at 6am within the same 24hrs on Tues and have another 5 late shifts to do after this with one day off then back for 5 again.

I am completely shattered and cannot sleep - like last night I managed to get 2 hours because im in night shift mode still and my body wont let me sleep.

Im seriously thinking about goin to my docs about it

I would do it honey :), If you leave it you will wear yourself down and at the moment that isn't what you need, My doc signed me off for 2 weeks so I could rest as I hadn;t stopped since the day I found out I wa spregnant to 14 weeks and the midwife recommended it too after breaking down for being sooo tired in front of her.

Don't feel guilty your growing a human what do they expect, and maybe speak to work about changing your hours to just daytime hours :) xxxx

I've just had moan yesterday about work and being tired. I do office hours but it is busy work and everybody forgets your pregnant and cannot keep up the pace anymore. I would seek some advice from your Dr too as shift work is tough to do pregnant or not. Good luck and hope you can get something sorted xx

I would def do it too. I work shift work - days and evenings. I say shift work and pregnancy are not a suitable combination. I had couple of weeks off, started with heavy cold but as I was completely worn out I took extra time off and when I went to see doctor to get certificate he basically said "never argue with a pregnant woman" :)

You need to make sure you have enough energy in your body to grow a little person :)

yea thanks guys - just told my boss am I NOT going to night shifts anymore as I cant cope and its making me shattered - no arguing back - thank you :)
got appt at docs tonight see what they say! x

Goodness, you need to rest!! The last thing you want to do is make yourself ill. Ring the docs and get an appointment..... I'm self employed and have actually been trying to tie up so many loose ends before the baby comes that I too am shattered this week. The OH actually told me I was doing too much so for him to notice we must be!!!!!!
Take care, put ya feet up, nice cuppa, daytime TV...... Bliss

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back