Exhaustion - anyone else?

loz

Reaction score
Has anyone got to the stage where they are past the initial newborn exhaustion, had a good few weeks and now absolutely shattered again?

Last night was really hard as Emms did not want to go to sleep. We went out for dinner to friends and I think she was knackered (she refused to sleep there) and it took 2 hours to settle her to bed. When she woke in the night it was then another hour or so to settle her down again. I am feeling so shattered!

I love being a mummy but just wondered if anyone else was finding it hard going at this stage? :shock:

Yes, I am going through the same with Sam at the moment he has for some reason altered his routine that he had got himself into.

Normally he would be in bed by 8.30 - 9pm now it is around 10 - 1030pm and he will wake 2 -3 times now where as before he would only wake once.

I'm beginning to feel the strain again and don't feel refreshed at all after any sleep.

Yeah me too. Our normal routine is she'll fall asleep around 9-9.30, wake up twice in the night for feeds, then up around 7-7.30. Then we had a couple of nights where she only got up once. I got used to them very quickly! But then like last night She was up twice, then the 3rd time was 4.30am. That to her was wake up time! She was smiling and kicking her legs! Wide awake. Then today we had plans to go out with my dad, walked for miles and i'm so ready to collapse! I think it's been building for the past few days!

My daughter is 10 1/2 months and I still feel like I could sleep the sleep of the dead for 24 hours in a darkened quiet room with a comfy bed and comfy covers.

My daughter sleep 12+ hours but I don't think I sleep as well overnight as I'm concious she might need me. I'm always up at 7am (never a lie in as breastfeeding) - I just feel shattered all the time and like I've no energy.

I should be taking more vitamins and drinking more water - that's probably the answer but my life seems to be full of 'should be doing x...' at the moment and me never getting round to anything!

Valentine Xxx

Oh yeah I am the same. I haven't had a decent sleep since he was born. He will only sleep for about 2 hours in a row tops and then wakes up shouting and screaming. Its not always because hes hungry either. He won't even sleep in his moses basket, I have to have him in with me or I would be there all night trying to get him to settle.

My other half works lates monday to friday and then on weekends hes at band practice so I don't really get any extra help.

I can't really nap during the day either because he is constantly waking. I think its the interuptions that drain you the most.

I actually am beginning to see properly it has got that bad. I find my eyes going blurry and they just wont focus!

Try sleeping through the day with your LO and going to bed a bit earlier on a night, other than that there's not much way of beating that tired/exhausted feeling, it never goes as being a Mummy its 24/7, so you're always on alert, well that's how I feel anyway. Try and get some time away from baby if possible and get some fresh air too as that will help to uplift your mood and wakefulness, and very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

It is hard work!! I have sometimes slept in the day, maybe I need to be more strict with myself about it to make sure I catch up but there is always something to do.

I try and get Emms to have regular naps but in the evening she refuses and tends to just scream for ages - the only thing to stop it is walking up and down jigging her and her vibrating chair! It's so frustrating as I can see she si knackered but just wont sleep.

I have decided that I just cant go out in the evenings for now as it disrupts the routine and boy we pay for it!

She is gorgeous tho and I'm sure it will get better :shock:

I'm sure given time you will both find a routine that suits and works so you can get some rest, and you can go out :hug: Personally I think it's a shame as most insights come after the fact with babies, I would never tell anyone what to do as its different for all, Mummy's and Babies all have different personalities, but I see where I could have done things differently with Isaac and maybe now things would be easier, like sleeping through the day with him, like not thinking about the housework, like letting OH do more with him..
All I'd ever tell you is that what works for you is what's right, if its not working, change it, and remember things usually take a few days to weeks to change for LO, so give things time, and it is always hard work, but new challenges as they grow, so its never boring :) :hug:

im pretty exhausted too :bored:

I think im used to the no sleep now, but im always tired, always popping a load of pro plus onto my gob, lol.

I have tried to sleep duringthe day, but i cant seem to switch off. Im always thinking about the housework and stuff, so i'd rather just get it done while she's napping. Then i think "ooh, i'll get an early night tonight" but by the time ive got the girls to bed, then i have to have my dinner (dont normally eat until 9 ish...too busy!) then i want to spend time with OH on our own, so i dont end up going to sleep until 11.30 ish after ive done the dream feed. Think i got about 3 hours in last night :? :(

Its not like she's up all nioght, but when she starts shuffling around i know she's gonna be up any minute so i cant sleep ....

We are FINALLY making progress with the routine though. She goes to sleep at 8pm (actually screams at me if she's not in bed at 8!!), dream feed at 11pm, then we just about manage to get her to go through to 4am for her next feed, then up at 7! She's normally awake and restless waaaaaaayyyy before 4am though and we have to just go and pop her dummy back in...fingers crossed she'll stop doing that and sleep solidly from 11 - 4 :pray: :pray: :pray:

Its alot better than it was when we first had her though. She just used to cry all night cos she was knackered but couldnt get off to sleep :( We're getting there anyway!! x

awww i totally understand my son was a nightmare up to around 8 weeks. When he was shattered but wouldnt sleep the only thing i could do was wrap him really really tightly in a big fleecy blanket hold him tight and close to my face and bounce up and down! looked like a right prat but it use to work quicker than anything else!

Just wait till they get older. Kys screaming his head off now coz he's tired and hes just learnt to give me a good wallop with his hand when hes tired! either that or he squeezes my chin!! and he keeps popping his legs or a arm out of the blanket! :wall: lol gotta love 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back