Exercising in the 2ww...

jarjar7

Reaction score
Hey Ladies, I'm currently in the 2ww and showing SOME promising symptoms but they can also be written off as other things so I'm going to wait a bit longer (only 5dpo!)...but what I was wondering is about exercising...I want to lose a bit of weight and have a couple of DVD's I want to start doing but dont know if its wise at this stage? IF I was to have concieved, is it dangerous at all?
Thanks
xx

Not sure exactly whether you should do the dvds. I carried on with low impact stuff like swimming and walking all the way through.

Should b fine,I'm still goin 2 the gym and swimming,just avoid any ab work xx

Thanks Ladies, so gentle stuff should be ok but no sit ups etc?! Sorted!
xxxx

My dr suggested yoga or some kind of stregthening excercises and said that I could do this before and when I've concieved. For me with a back problem its important as the ligaments losen in pregnancy and this will cause me problems. He also recommend swimming ;-) enjoy x

should be all right hun , just no high impact on the abs. when AF is here and gone im back on the DVD's.
i love exercise to much lol

Do you normally exercise? If you do then it's fine but if you usually don't then I wouldn't bother just yet. Plus if you are preg, it's probably a waste of time losing weight now!

Thanks Ladies...I dont normally exercise no, but I had my medical last week at work and was told my bmi is a bit higher than it should be and its only really my belly...so abs stuff would be ideal for me to do but I'll give it a miss then, just start walking more etc and hopefully that will do the trick.
xxx

hiya. I was told definitely NOT to start doing more excercise than usual. Last time I had a chat with the doc she said that I should keep maintaining a good level, but not to suddenly take up jogging or aerobics etc. I agree with the others that swimming and walking can only help, but dont shock your body with more than that right now. xx

Oh, and who is going to notice a bit of belly fat if you are pregnant! (that's what I tell myself anyway ;-) )

Thanks girls...I'm definitely going to go with that, my bit of belly fat is just gonna be extra padding for my baby to be cosy!!!! LOL!!!
xxx

Like the others have said hun, nothing too strenuous or out of the ordinary but gentle exercise should be ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back