Excuses for not drinking?!

Belfast girl

Reaction score
Hi all!

New to the forum, this is my first post!

Firstly congrats to everyone here, wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!

Well its coming up to Xmas season, which means lots of office nights out etc. What are people saying as excuses for not drinking if they are keeping their pregnancy a secret?

Unfortunatly I don't drive, so can't use that one!

I always used that I was trying to lose some weight. Everyone knows alcoholic drinks are bad for diets! :)

Antibiotics is always a good 1. Or drink drinks that look like alcohol...lime and lemonade etc. If ppl offer to buy u a drink ask 4 a soft drink and say ur alternatin them so u don't peak to early x

The other night I said I was hung over from the night before and couldn't face anymore tonight, it seemed to work well :)

Depending on how nosey your friends/family are, you'll need to be sure to have a backstory to accompany the antibiotic story.

Actually, stumbling over an answer might play into it more! They'll probably think you have something so damn awful that you're embarrassed to say. :lol:

I have used the antibiotics one a few weeks ago so can't really use it again. Luckily I had a plausible reason (a re-occurrance of an infection I used to get frequently). Then this week when I went to the pub I genuinely had a headache so I just drank water telling people I couldn't face alcohol when I already had a headache. I am a rubbish liar so I was glad I had a genuine headache or I wouldn't have been able to think it up.

yeh antibiotics, hung over, or drink something that looks like alcohol, lol

xxx

yeah it's a hard one, as i am a known drinker at parties (not sure if that is good) we went to a friends birthday when i was only 6 weeks and i was on lemonaid, she just walked straight up to me and said you're pregnant. you could use the antibiotic one or i like the one of drinking drinks that look like booze :) congratulations btw xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back