Excema...Baby Balm?

Urchin

Reaction score
Hiya
My friends baby has really bad excema, I'm sure someone somewhere has mentioned that something called "Baby Balm" is really good for it.

Anyone heard of this? or if not, have you heard of anything else that's really good?

ewan has excema on his arms - i use aloe propolis creme, this works very well - my husband uses it toas he has very bad ecxema.
If you want i can send you some info and a sample of the creme,
Pm me.

I use Aveeno on Ky. Its a moisturising cream with Colloidal Oatmeal. It's the only thing after trying baby E45, Vaseline and Sudacrem that worked on the Excema on his forehead and his very sore dribble rash.
- It's about £6.99 for 100ml, so quite expensive but you can get it on prescription.

We went to the docs when Jess was a baby and we got balneum for the bath and cetraben (in a pump dispenser) for all over her body. Sometimes we used a hydrocortisen cream when it was particulary bad. One doc had the nerve to tell me that it was bothering me more than Jess but that was shit and I kept going back till I got a doc that listened and treated her. I also used surcare washing powder and fab con. All these wee things did make a difference so tell your friend about them. I pleased to say that now I can use johnstons baby bath but I still use the cetraben on her body. I got miss matey bubble bath at xmas and used it once in her bath and it flared up so it was back to the johnstons.

Tell your friend to keep on at the doc as well, they dont take exzema seriously!!

i refuse to use steroid creams on Ewan, they can't be very good for developing skin as they basically strip the whole surface layer.

Johnsons is a product which is terrible for excema - i bought a load for ewan but have had to get rid as they make his sin really dry.

The propolis creme i use also contains bee propolis which i a natural antibiotic, and i have been given aveeno bath oil by the doctor.

The propolis creme is £12 per tube - but i little goes a LONG way. it doesnt leaving him all greasy like the diprobase creme the doc told me to use, E45 gives my Hubby even worse excema so i haven' t even tried that.

Have a look at this link
http://www.flpuk.com/ForeverMag%20mar05amazing.htm

I wasnt too keen on using a steriod cream either but this rash was nasty. I find the johnstons okay now but the balneum definately did the trick when she was wee.

Hi

Just to say that my SIL swears by Arran Aromatics Baby Barrier cream , this worked on my nephew after lots of different steroids creams didn't make a difference.

Lucy

thanks Lucy, i didnt know they did that, Im going to get some.

Hi ya :)

We were over in Arran last Autumn and went to the wee factory there and I was amazed at the wee booklet by the Baby line of all the people who had written to the factory telling them how fab they had found the products to be (I was doing a nosey after my SIL had told me about it).

There's a shop in Princes Sq - I hadn't noticed it before last weekend!

Hope you're well

Lucy x

he, he, Im trying to work out if Im quicker getting the boat over or the train to Glasgow :lol: I can see arran from here. Or should I say I cant because its raining today. :oops:

Maheen's skin was just dry and olive oil seemed to have stopped working so I talked to the HV and she mentionned Oilatum. it's fragrance free and it's good for eczema as well. It's actually really nice and I use it as well on my face as I now suffer from severe skin dryness! works really nicely :)

it's approx. £8 for a 350 ml bottle. from boots. it's called oilatum junior.

great stuff!!!!!!

mel xx

yeah i got a massive tub of Oilatum of the doctor for Aimees eczema, think its 500ml and also the stuff that goes in the bath. Think it would of cost about £15 if i bought it.

I'll tell the HV off, then!!! :evil:

she should have advised me that I could get it on prescription!!! As if I had money to throw out of the window!!!! :evil: :evil:
grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Thanks, will definitely ask the GP at the 7 weeks check!
Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back