Ex-partner got rid of mc memory box :(

tinselcat

Reaction score
I'm going through an acrimonious divorce (after leaving an abusive & sometimes violent relationship) and came to collect the remaining stuff from my previous property earlier this week.

I found it very difficult to cope with my m/c a few years ago and had created a memory box to help me deal with it.

At the property I found he had taken out & left the card I'd made and the mini teddy I'd put in there, but the ultrasound scan and pregnancy test were missing, as well as the box (the box was a 'gift' he'd bought for me originally so he obviously saw it as 'his').

Have found myself quite upset about this, even though I had previously wondered about how to move on as it was a few years ago and even though I tell myself that the scan picture was 'just a photo anyway', and I have copies of it on my computer.

I had had to beg the doctors in the hospital to get me the scan pic as it was to me the only real proof that my baby had ever existed (although we got to 12 weeks).

:(

Last edited:
Its the sheer inhumane act and that he didnt have any right to do this.
Im so sorry this is just awful.
Has he kept them for himself or actually got rid of them?
Xxx

Awww hun sorry ur going through this and wat a pig he is getting rid of ur memories xx

So sorry :(. I'm working on a memory box and I know what it means.

Last edited:
I'm not in contact with him (other via solicitors, and I know he won't answer this if it was posed as a question) so I don't know what he has done with them.

However I don't want him to think he has got to me either, so I am not going to raise the subject. But I feel somehow violated in a way I don't really understand.

I'm speechless. How awful for you :( I have no words for you but I'm sorry you're going through a rubbish time, and what an absolute shit for getting rid of your precious memories xxxx

Words fail me, I do not understand the actions of some people. I'm glad you were able to obtain another copy of the scan pic.. Sorry you're going through this x

That is really sad :( What a horrible human being, I would be fuming and devastated if someone did this to me and got rid of my scan pic from my mc in 2013. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm so sorry hun. I know how much a memory box can mean. I have one myself and I cherish every single thing in it. I'm glad you have copies of the scan photo. It's awful that he did this knowing how much it meant to you. Your right for feeling the way you do. Xxx

:( That makes me really sad for you. I too have a memory box which has lots of bits and bobs that mean a lot to me for my 2 losses. I too would feel really hurt, violated and damn right angry if this happened to me.
Your right to feel the way you do, I get that your not going to even mention it but know you have done the right thing leaving this horrible man.
Maybe you can re make up your box and print off a picture to put inside.
You mentioned that it was a while back and you were wondering how to 'move on' maybe you could put a little poem or write a card and put them all together inside?
I don't know but what he has done is vile! :(
Sending hugs. Xx

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. *Virtual hug*
I'm working on a box myself so I understand how heartbreaking that must be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back