Baby Eleanor Grace Hindson born 6th Feb 08

Marmite

Reaction score
Ok, ive managed to get a minute to tell you about my birth.

At about 10pm on the 5th Feb I started getting quite regular contractions about 6-8mins apart, I went to bed anyway as i thought they might still be braxton hicks and I might be able to get some sleep, but by about midnight they had got about 3-5 minutes apart, and so I decided to go into hopsital.

When I got there I was examined and told I was only 1-2cm dilated and my cervix was still quite high, but they didnt know if my waters had started to trickle so they swabbed me to check, and they thought there might be some meconium in there too. Before they sent me home the midwife examined me again, and her fingers went right through my waters, she didnt mean to break them at all :shock: and there was a bit of mecinium so they decided to keep me in, attached to a monitor.

Unfortunatly I wasn't really progressing fast enough, so they then had to stick me on a drip, so going in the birthing pool was out of the question, but at least it got me going a bit faster. Eventully I decided it was getting too painful, so I got them to get me some gas and air, and I fell in love with it :lol: I had to be reminded not to just keep taking it all then time! I didnt want pethadine before the birth, but when he gas and air wasn't doing the job so well I gave in and had some of that too.

A fair while later I started feeling like I needed to push, and the midwife told me I could, I only found out later on that I was only 9cm :? I think the midwife could see that I was getting too tired, and I was starting to freak out a bit at this point, I kept babbling on about wanting to move about and was told not too. But my boyfriend was really great and supportive and calmed me down a bit. But I really wasn't going anywhere fast, some other people (god knows who) had come in by then and where trying to get her head out my cervix, and the internal she was giving me at the time seemed even more painful than the contractions!

Anyway, as I wasn't going anywhere they took me into theatre to try an assisted delivery, my boyfriend freaked out a bit at this point, and was the other side of the room crying, he almost didnt turn up with me in theatre and my mum was all ready to go in with me when he changed his mind apparently. But I was just glad they where gonna give me more pain relief and try something else to get her out. The assisted delivery didn't work out though and I ended up having a c-section.

She was absolutly fine though, scored 9 on the APGAR test thing at 1 minute, then was up to 10 by 5 minutes, and me and her dad adore her :)

Pics to come soon, when I can get someone to help with the technology x

Congratulations! Sorry you ended up with a section but really pleased you are both ok! :D

Congratulations, welcome Eleanor to the world.

I especially love that name as it is my fave at the mo (well apart from Isabella!!)

:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back