Evening Primrose Oil??

orangefluff

Reaction score
So this is one of the 'labour inducing' things which I hadn't really heard of until now - I've read a little bit about it and it's supposed to have those precious prostaglandins in it is that right?

Who's taking it? Frankie I think you said you are? Are you swallowing the pills or 'applying them to the cervix'!!!??

I rook it with chloé it doesn't induce just softens orally it softens all of your skin I find and internally just down below it def softened me up doctors said my cervix was so soft and strechy they were really happy with the way I progressed I dis however have a long labour so it didn't help speed things up (I stopped taking it around 38 weeks coz I had a reaction to it) buy what I will say is ... 8lb 12oz baby - didn't tear! Everything was so stretchy lol!! I can't say for certain but I'm thanking the EPO! Lol xx specially when I had my son at 8lb 3oz I had 2/3rd degree tears lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rook it with chloé it doesn't induce just softens orally it softens all of your skin I find and internally just down below it def softened me up doctors said my cervix was so soft and strechy they were really happy with the way I progressed I dis however have a long labour so it didn't help speed things up (I stopped taking it around 38 weeks coz I had a reaction to it) buy what I will say is ... 8lb 12oz baby - didn't tear! Everything was so stretchy lol!! I can't say for certain but I'm thanking the EPO! Lol xx specially when I had my son at 8lb 3oz I had 2/3rd degree tears lol!!

Wow def sounds worth a go then! Wish I'd heard about it sooner!

There is an old post somewhere on the site of how many weeks along you can take it from and how much (I can't remember now lol) I will say another thing as well after two weeks everything had sprung back to where it was before as well and didn't even feel like I had had a baby :)

im taking it at the mo, have been for just over a week, planned to take it earlier but forgot, lol
im taking it orally and up to 4 tablets a day, mine are 500mg, and so taking 2000mg per day, i think i read i can take 5 per day at the max
im also taking raspberry leaf tea tablets too, and i think there 400mg and can take up to 6 per day so the tub says,

not sure if there making a difference yet, but going to see midwife for a sweep 2mo i think so will let u know!
i didnt fancy putting the EPO directly onto my cervix, hubby did offer to stick em up there, but dont want to see what they look like when they dissolve or come back down,lol

x

It's just oil that come out I used to just stick a pad on x

I've been taking them orally - haven't tried internally yet (not sure if I will). Not had any checks on cervix yet so not sure if it is working but cant be doing any harm :)

I took it and my waters went at 37 weeks. my 1st 2 babies were 2 weeks late so inmy mind, the epo certainly worked (labour still had to be induced 3 days later, as they broke with no contractions)

Thanks girls this is all really helpful, I'm gonna get some tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back