evan almighty

budge

Reaction score
does anyone else think that releasing this film at the moment is a bit insensitive? Being as half the country is underwater at the moment with real life flooding :think: having a film released about Noah and mass flooding seems abit scary :evil: -

i felt slightly uneasy when i watched the trailer for it last week at the cinema.

no its only a film and its not likely that anyone is going to be asked to build an arc. i dont think its an english film either so would just be mass released wouldnt it? not quite sure. they would never release any films if they had to consider everyting that people around the world are going thru. its just becus its in our country that we are more aware of the flooding at the moment but half the world probably doesnt even know about how flooded we are.

xxxxxx

oh for gods sake i wasn't siggesting the angel of the flaming lord was going to come down and ask anyone to build an ark. I was just saying i thought maybe people who are swimming to and from their homes right now might not appraciate a comedy about floods thats all.

yi know its only a film . :roll:

i know you wasnt suggestin that but i dont think the people who are in the floods will care about it. in fact i dont think anyone shud waste their money and go see it as it is rubbish and not as funny as bruce almighty. :D

To be quite honest, I highly doubt that anyone severely affected by the floods will be thinking about going to the cinema at all at the moment. And their friends and relatives can just not go to see the film. The timing is unfortunately coincidental, but I don't have any problem with it.

its a silly post! ignore me.
i think too much sometimes.

No I see where your coming from Budge on this one, I havnt actually heard of the film but if its about flodding then yeah, it could be seen as a little insensitive, especially when theyve changed programme schedules etc over lesser things in the past!

yeah i do. if i didn't think so much id be a happier more contect person.
i think the worse will happen to my kids while they play on the park. They couldn't possibly fall off and scrape their knee - they would most certainly fall off and break their nose and black their eyes, knock all their teeth out and need several stiches to a gashed open forehead.
:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back