Err.... AWKWARD!

I think it's also important to consider (which has already been mentioned) how Cesca will feel when the new arrival is able to call your OH Daddy and she keeps getting corrected. It is a difficult situation but I'm sure everything will be okay. Like Leesey says: It is far more important for Cesca to feel comfortable rather than everyone else around her.

x

I don't think it is a phase, it's only Nathan she calls Daddy, and like Leesey said, he is the predominant father figure in her life... Xx

Mummy to Francesca. Born 10/08/2011. Expecting my baby boy, Benjamin. Due 07/03/2013.

On TapaTalk! Excuse any typos :)

Hi,

Did FOB ever raise this issue with you? We're going through a similar thing, my OH has kids from his previous marraige and they stay with us, LO starts calling him "dad" as they do. We just correct him everytime. But over christmas his kids spent loads of time with us and LO started calling him "daddy" which is even more uneasy for me as thats what he calls his real dad. He was in soft play and ran up to me saying "wheres my daddy gone?" it was so awkward cos of so many people about but I had to say "xxxx has gone to the shop"

God knows what people around us mustve thought! Hes suddenly got really persistent with it, and they have bonded very well the both of them. Its so confusing. And in the future when we want to have a child together it will get worse, the eldest 2 call him "dad" and me by my name, LO calls me "mummy" and OH by his name and a new baby would call us both "mummy" and "daddy" :faint:

FOB would hit the roof if he ever heard it, and true he doesnt deserve much respect from me, he is LOs father, and I think its important LO knows where he comes from. So we just carry on correcting him each time. If FOB wasnt in LOs life then it would be different.

No, FOB and I haven't discussed it. We tried correcting and it didn't work for us... Now we're just using Nathan when we talk about him but accepting what she says. When she's old enough to understand it will be easier, but with Ben on the way he's going to be calling Nathan Daddy so I can't see us stopping Cesca saying it. Being realistic.

Mummy to Francesca. Born 10/08/2011. Expecting my baby boy, Benjamin. Due 07/03/2013.
High risk due to rhesus negative, depression/anxiety, high BMI (35), previous 3rd degree tear with heamorrage, SPD and costochondritis.
On TapaTalk! Excuse any typos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back