Erm... WTF?!

dannii87

Reaction score
Absolutely cr*pping myself!!

I've been measuring my fundal height since last week, anyway, every night since then I've been measuring and it's showing at 37cm... and has been (morning AND night) for the past week!

I KNOW that it has no indication on health etc but I am so worried that baby isn't healthy... Also, I REALLY don't want her to be early (at all)... I mean, as much as this pregnancy is dragging I have real fears that she'll come early and I don't know if I could mentally cope with it!?

The sonographer said at my 4D scan "how many weeks did you say you were?" and I told her I was 27, she kind of frowned and carried on, but I didn't think anything of it until now... :think:

I have a MW appt on Thursday so will see then... I think I'm just fretting though, mainly about my fears xx

Try not to worry Danni, you could be carrying lots of water which may make you bigger. Is your midwife measuring you bigger too? If its stressing you i would just ring them and ask. Im sure theres an explanation. Just think i may be reminding you about not wanting to have Evie earlier when your 14 days over! lol. Take care. :hug:

STOP measuring yourself right now and leave it to the professionals.

My midwife said I had a low pubic bone and measured me 2 weeks ahead more than the midwife that didn't even look for pubic bone and did estimate and said I was spot on.

Don't you have a longer than average something which means you might be measuring too high????

Thanks for the replies :hug: It's strange, but I've always thought I'd be 40+5 when she arrives! That number just sticks out for me! But lately, after the few episodes of scary BHs, it's made me think "ah sh*t! What if she comes early?!"

Yeah Hazel I do but after the scans and MW checking the positioning she's done what everyone hoped and has settled down into a good position :cheer:

x

oh huni, dont worry yourself till you've seen the MF! seriously, everything will be fine!

Maybe you've got the tape measure starting too low???

When the midwife was trying to find my pubic bone she laughed and said she thought she was going to have to do a vaginal exam on me as it was that low :shock:

Try not to worry, everyone is different. If the woman that did the 4d scan was worried she would have said, they are trained to pick up these things also.

I read somewhere recently that you should only use paper tape measures....not ones with any stretch in them (not suggesting yours is elastic!! :lol: )

Buuuut, don't think its an amazing idea to measure yourself. Leave the measuring and worrying to the MW's :hug:

Aww chick please do not worry over this. :hug: You'll get me getting my tape out in a mo!!

From a lot of cases on here, it appears to NOT be very accurate!

Hopefully MW will be of some comfort on Thursday...have you got ante natal tomorrow too? :think:

Okay.....and...... Brrrrrrrreeeeeaaaattthhhhh! :) :hug:

You will be just fine sweet. Fundal height means bugger all to be honest and your little Evies all tucked up in there she will be snug till shes ready to go but thats not for at least another 10weeks yet so really don't worry your sonographer did make a face but didn't say that there was anything wrong so she probs just was a bit of a moody lady or something!

Try to relax - it really is no indication and if the sonopgrapher was that concerned they would have written to your GP.

xx

Ok, there is a reason that midwives have to train to become qualified!! If it was so easy for you to do all this stuff yourself you wouldn't need your midwife!!

There is only one thing that can come from measuring yourself and that is worry as you don't have the medical knowledge or background to interpret the results or your physical shape and size.

Please don't keep measuring yourself as you will only cause yourself unneeded worry which can't be good for you or your baby.

As it happened I saw my MW today and she asked if I had been given a growth chart to which I said yes, whatever good it will be - she replied that it was good to meet someone who didn't put too much store in them!

Dannii i'm sure Evie is fine hun! :hug:

I honestly believe that a lot of the time you'll know if anything is wrong, and the sonogaphers that do 4D scans are fully trained, the one who did mine was asking if she'd done my anomoly scan too as she works up the hospital half the week and at the private place the other half.

Fundal height can be very inaccurate and you were showing very early too so chances are its just how you'll carry her. As long as she'd still being active and "normal" i wouldnt worry. Mention it to your midwife when you see her (i'm gonna ask about Tally's size on thursday too), if they're worried they'll send you for a scan, they'll always try and cover every base just in case, like when Tally was quiet, even though her heartrate was perfect they still sent me to the hospital to be sure.

I agree with the others, don't panic :hug:

I suspect your midwife takes the fact that you have a different positioned womb into consideration when measuring your fundal height hun. Also if they are in the least bit worried they will pull you in for a growth scan so you will be well monitored and looked after :hug:

People keep telling me that first babies are often late so I think it is more likely that Evie will be too! I'm sure everything will be fine hun :hug:

Don't panic Dannii,

Like many others have said, everyone is different (I measured very small with my 2nd and she was fine, and a lot bigger than they said she would be so I think these measurements are only a very rough guide). As long as baby is active and you're not getting any serious pain your little girl is very likely very fine indeed.

Take care and good luck with the mw (am seeing mine tomorrow).

:hug:

I havent even attempted measuring anything !! Dont trust myself to measure from the rigt bit to the right bit !!

Roll on thrusday so you can get some peice of mind, but i shouldnt worry too much, if you had of been seriously bigger than you should someone would have said something by now i think :) Plus like everyones already said, everyones different !!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Stop panicking and wait to see what the MW says...they send you for a growth scan if they are concerned about the size of LO.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dannii, you really make me laugh :rotfl: leave the technical stuff to the professionals hun :wink: If your mw measures you tom at 37 weeks then worry :wink:

As for 40+5, I will remind you of that if you go over, you will be willing Evie to be here :D If you are like me, you will have swollen ankles, hands and your bump will feel really heavy, you will be fed up and just want to have your LO. I remember the night before Jacob was born, saying to my mum, I am fed up now mum and she talked to my bump, telling the baby that mummy was getting tired and that he/she should hurry up and come into the world - the next morning my contractions started. I was lucky Jacob was born at 39 weeks so I didn't go over and am praying that I don't go over again this time :pray:

Xxx

try not to worry hun, im sure all will be ok :hug:

As everyone else has said try not to worry. My midwife admitted fundal height was a load of **** and that they only measure it to check bubs is growing. I consistently measure smaller than my dates and she thinks it's because I have a longer than average torso as she can feel baby and she's not particularly small! Also if the sonographer at your 4D scan was worried she would have had to have told you and reported it to your midwife, I checked when I had mine and they said that although it wasn't a medical scan and they didn't look for problems if they saw anything of concern they were obligated to report it so don't worry! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back