30 week midwife

GBLiz

Reaction score
a new town so a new midwife....but she was really nice :D

when i said i was 30 weeks she looked at my tummy and her face dropped and she said is the baby measuring ok :? ..i said i think so!!!!

But when she measured fundal height it was fine at 29 and she cheered up a lot and said its deceptive and then started saying how fantastic i am not to be huge :think: lol

i know fundal height isnt that accurate but as mine was 26 at 27 weeks and now 29 at 30 weeks , it seems consistent at least which has to be a good thing.

the midwife did say im running out of room though on the fundal height :? im only 5'1 so how will i fit another 10cms up when its at my ribs already!!

Anjali's heartbeat was lower than her usual 145, at 126-135, but I think she was chilling out after wriggling all morning :sleep:

Im glad your growing nicely too :D

My midwife today showed me where the top of my uterus was to reassure me of madams growth and it was also high it never dawned on me till now that it needs to grow another 10cm :wall: oh well im sure they find room somewhere. :think:

Glad it went well! How you feeling are things any more settled for you job/house wise? - If you don;t mind me asking :oops: Just think about you a lot cos you are at a similar stage to me. :hug:

flowergirl, thanks for asking :D we have come to a temporary solution...my OH could only take off a max of 2 weeks between promotions and this left us such a small window to be home and give birth and recover.......but the boss has said its fine for him to skip an entire promotion and come back to work for the next one...this means we can both go home for 6 weeks, from 38 1/2 weeks - 44 weeks ...so assuming shes not early, we will be home for the birth AND the first couple of weeks after.

Its a long time without an income so my OH will get temporary work while he's home, but thats not a big worry (yet lol)

after that he'll go back to working and we will travel with the baby too.....until we find a permanent place to set up our gym business. It may take a few months or even a year but we are used to moving about with a cat, so it cant be that much harder with a baby :pray: :roll: at least we will be together and money coming in :D

yeah :D you know what im feeling soooooo lucky that my pregnancy is going so easily , ive got a hell lot of practical stuff to sort out so thank god i'm not being hammered by hormones!! i really am lucky in all the important ways :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back