Epidurals

The only thing I had was a few puffs of gas and air - but the thing was annoying me so I didn't bother after a while!!! I wasn't against other drugs - I just didn't feel the need for them.

I was fully dilated when I reached the hospital, but my contractions were really short - so I had to have a ventrouse and an episiotomy. It was extremely uncomfortable, but bearable.

I didn't have one and didn't really want one as when I had my first I had more pain in my back from the spinal than from the actual c-section. But I did have it written down in my birth plan that if I wanted one then I'd ask. Whilst in labour I did ask the midwife for one but baby's head was already crowning at that point so not much point :)

I had a TENS machine which I used for about 12 hrs and bounced on my ball. I would say don't rule it out as you never know how you will be during labour. xxx

I said from the beginning I didn't want one and I never did . I managed fine without one x

I said there was no way I was having one & planned to do it on gas & air & massage...

By the time I was 5cm I was literally begging for it & it was the best decision I made.

Will definitely have it again next time!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i didnt want one and i didnt have one. i was in agony for 33 hours! and had back labour for 7 hours, but i was adamant that i was having him in the pool. the pain was awful, im not going to lie. at one point i wanted to die lol. but having the birth that i wanted was sooooo worth it.

having said that i might opt for one in the future just to feel the difference and experience a whole other way of giving birth!
you should just do whats right for you :~)

I've done it with and without epidurals - I'd never do it again without, they rock! x

I had one, wish I didn't. It didn't work correctly.

My body metabolised the anaesthetic too quickly which meant if I wasn't topped up at least every half hour, it wore off so it became pointless. It also made my bp drop to 80/40 and I was out of it. Ended up having forceps so wish I'd skipped the epi and just went straight for the spinal!

How many people have gone it without an epidural? I'm planning on not having one but everyone I know who has had children had one and said I'm mad for saying I want to try without one?! X

I didn't have one with both and find it completely unnecessary to get one but that is just me.

Wishing you good luck whatever you decide to choose in the end. As long as you feel the choice is made by you it is fine.

My plan was not to and was adament but for me I had back to back labour and couldnt lie down so id been in labour since 4am, went into hosp 9pm and couldnt lie down alll night. I walked and paced literally all night. By the time I had epidural probably 3pm next day my body was so tired and in pain I couldnt cope any more. Xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

How many people have gone it without an epidural? I'm planning on not having one but everyone I know who has had children had one and said I'm mad for saying I want to try without one?! X

I find that ridiculous! I was told I probably wouldn't cope without and I proved them wrong!
(2 days start to finish, back 2 back, cut , 3rd degree tear and forceps Gas and air only!)

I didnt have one, I eanted one but had gone to far by time.i.aske dfor it xx

My advice would be not to worry about what anyone else says, and just go with the flow at the time. The way I saw it was, being my first baby I had no idea how I would cope with the pain so I didn't want to rule anything out. As it happens, I didn't have an epi, but I could have if I wanted one! Maybe knowing that helped me, who knows.
And don't let anyone make you feel like you're weak or anything if you do have one - do what you need to do to get through it lol :)

Tapatalking!

I wasn't planning on having one either, but i suppose nothing goes to plan during these kind of events..And im needle phobic!! I was in labour 32 hours, so when i finally had one it was like a breath of fresh air!..No more pain and i could get some rest :D. Id definitely say go into your labour with an open mind, if you feel like your managing without one then don't have it :)..But nothing wrong with having one if the pain gets too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back