energy drinks

bravachick

Reaction score
morning ladies

Because my body is soooo tired at the moment i wanted to ask you if it was ok for me to drink energy drinks e.g red bull. I wanted to drink some to give me that extra boost but needed advice 1st

I would have thought though that there are alot of chemicals and caffiene in Redbull that may make you feel worse - not sure, personally I would avoid it and try and fine something else to boost your energy. How about a fruit smoothie?

There was a thread on Lucazade a while ago. Lucazade is ok to drink whilst pregnant, but you have to remember its got caffiene in so don't exceed the recommended daily allowance.

Probably best to ask your Dr.

i have avoided things like red bull, but was constantly drinking lucozade at the beginning of my pregnancy, i found it helped.

Red bull is fizzy so wouldnt help with the trapped wind thats common in the first tri of pregnancy & also it does have alot of caffeine in so be careful! I recommend the still version of lucozade but obviously not too much

I wouldn't touch Red Bull whilst pregnant. It contains too much caffeine and other stuff. Have a weak coffee if you feel you need some kind of stimulation or as others said, a fruit smoothie or something :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that Red Bull is one to avoid. It contains Taurine which I believe is banned in the states :shock:

Yes, confirmed. I read in one of my pg mags last night that you should avoid Red Bull etc at all costs when pg!

DebbieM said:
I wouldn't touch Red Bull whilst pregnant. It contains too much caffeine and other stuff. Have a weak coffee if you feel you need some kind of stimulation or as others said, a fruit smoothie or something :)

weak coffee !!! weak coffee!!! what is the point!!! gotta be dark and strong for me! i have cut down my coca cola consumption - not entirely by choice but it isnt agreeing with me at the moment (not much is - i have lost 2 lbs!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back