Endometriosis

1stBump12

Reaction score
Along with all my other health problems I was diagnosed with the above 6 years ago. I have had 2 laproscopy's (last one was last March) and they have used diathermy to treat it.

I was led to believe that it was supposed to disappear during pregnancy, but I'm not convinced that what I am suffering from now is ligament pain, I'm wondering if in fact it is still the endo, or scarring as a result of endo or the ops?!?

Has anyone who has suffered with endo and gone on to have children had anything similar?

I have endo and do think after my mc it cleared up a little. I haven't really had much pain this pg. My lap was in2007. I'm not sure if ligament pain is associated but might be worth looking at the endo society to see if there is a link x

I would think that if you haven't had any problems since having it done then it would more likely be ligament pains. Maybe just mention it to the MW next time you see her x

It could be scare tissue hun especially if the pain isn't too far away from where they cut you open (belly button and near left hip for me)

Is it a sharp pain or a pulling pain or a dull ache?

It could be scare tissue hun especially if the pain isn't too far away from where they cut you open (belly button and near left hip for me)

Is it a sharp pain or a pulling pain or a dull ache?

It's a bit of all 3..... I was cut in the same place for both ops. my belly button and just above my pubic bone. Before I was pregnant it would feel like something pulling inside (like something hard internally rubbing against something iykwim) - I mentioned it to MW and she just shrugged and said could be........

Sounds more like scare tissue then hun.
I had the lap and dye done which is what helped diagnose me with PCOS.
Was rushed into ER at 6 weeks due to sharppain (when uterus first really starts expanding) ruled out ectopic and appendix, looked at my notes and said scare tissue.

Same for the dull ache, pulling around my belly button.

They said it'll get worse before get's better as it can only go so far then snap and all the tension will be released and should feel so much better.
Also said take paracetomal when it's at the real sharp stage.

I have endometriosis and had a operation to remove it in August last year and got pregnant 3 months afterwards. Pregnancy is supposed to help prevent it coming back but once you've had the baby it can come back and I know people who have had it come back after having their babies. If you had endometriosis and the pains before getting pregnant then it is likely you would have still had the pains through pregnancy, a good friend of mine has suffered terribly with endometriosis pains throughout her pregnancy and is due to have operation once baby is 6 weeks old. x

If your last laporoscopy was last march there is a chance there has been a slight bit of build up which could be causing pain. Also your scar tissue from op will be having pressure and stretching. I am
Currently 6 weeks and altho my laparoscopy scars had heeled due to the stretching they are beginning to feel quite tender .. Your endo shouldn't get any worse whilst your pregnant as your periods should have stopped its just unfortunate if u have some remaining .. As for the ufortunate people who suffer from endo pregnancy is meant to make it easier :( hope you start feeling better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back