Ending a mobile phone contract ?!?!?!

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Im with vodafone and took out an 18 month contract with them.... I want to end the contract but think I can, thought I would ask on here... I've gotta about 8 months left on the contract???

you can end it but you will have to pay the full 8 months upfront

Like 1sttimemmum said or you could just keep the phone and not use it just paying the flat rate every month but still use it if you have free evening/weekend calls or something similar.

Yeah I thought as much, I might as well just keep it then, i need a new phone and dnt wanna upgrade cause then I will be tied into another contract with them!

Well what my MIL did, with my help obvs lol is we went to the shop, and they offered to pay off her old contract for her to get a new one ! So she got her old one downgraded to £20 a month, which they gave her th emoney to either pay off in one go or keep going, she kept it going gave it to her son. And now shes paying the same price for more minutes more txts and a better fone.

So u could do that, or u could just ring up and ask to downgrade to the cheapest tarif, and u may aswell get ur free upgrade wen theres 3 months left of ur contract too :)

Ive seen a thing at the car phone warehouse about them buying you out of your contract and I got my phone from the originally so might have a trip into town and see what the crack is!!! I just thought it sounded too good to be true which means it prob was !! thanks for the heads up darling!!! xx

MrsBrightside said:
Ive seen a thing at the car phone warehouse about them buying you out of your contract and I got my phone from the originally so might have a trip into town and see what the crack is!!! I just thought it sounded too good to be true which means it prob was !! thanks for the heads up darling!!! xx
phones4u will buy you out of your exsisting contract if you have less than 6 months left i think. im going on friday to see what they can do. they offered me a free phone and £200 for a wii :dance:

I know I cant get an upgrade till I think its October so maybe I cant get bought out till then either, I think thats when ive got 6 months left... after ya have been to check it out if you dont mind could you let me know what the details are etc!!

i know that O2 if you find a better contract, but still with O2 then they let you swap.

clairescunny55 said:
MrsBrightside said:
phones4u will buy you out of your exsisting contract if you have less than 6 months left i think. im going on friday to see what they can do. they offered me a free phone and £200 for a wii :dance:

Be careful with phones4U, i had terrible problems when they once bought me out of a contract. They bought me out for £100 and it was one hell of a game getting that from them. They said they didnt have the money in the till as it was the end of the day would i mind coming and getting it tomorrow, which of course wasnt ideal but i agreed. Anyway to cut a long story short i never got the cash, i had to chase up there head office for the money and even then i got the run around.
If i were you make sure what they offer you in terms of buying out of contract and the Wii etc is all dealt with there and then.
My OH had horrific problems with them also when he purchased a contract from them and decided to return it due to no mobile coverage at work. They were so unhelpful and i know they dont want to lose a sale but in the end we had to go through head office to sort it out.

Sorry just thought i would let you know my experience

thats awful charlie. i have done it before about 2 years ago and i got the cash there and then no roblem. but when my hubby did it they transfered it into his bank a month later. i prefer the cash :lol:

well I have just got back from town a very happy lady. :) I had 2 months left on my contract and told them I wanted to spend 30 a month. She said I could have the new samsung tocco (touch screen and smaller than my iPhone and much better features) 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited web browsing for 35 a month and she'd give me £100 to cover the difference. So I did it! My husbands contract doesnt run out till feb and she did him the same deal there and then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back