Employee Advice Needed

K X

Reaction score
Can your employer sack you if you fall pregnant again shortly after you return to work from maternity leave? Just curious... :oops:

I would like a small age gap between Rebecca who is 4months and her sibling!!! :dance:

i very much doubt it!
i will phone linda at work and check if you want?
:D

Pretty sure they cant sack you but think there may be a period of time you have to be working for again before you can claim stat maternity?

i found the bbc site quite good for stuff like that - and they had good links to other sites if not. try this :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/having_a ... work.shtml

hope it helps

x

Thanx for your help, Eblinx that would be gr8.

I work for the local council so I hope they aren't too harsh!!! :wink:

I work for the council too and just before I left a girl came back off maternity leave and she was already pregnant again!! She never got sacked. I think she was only back a couple of months before going off again! hope that helps :D

As far as I know they can't sack you for getting pregnant again, if they did your could sue for unfair dismissal.
I know of several girls at work who have been off for a couple of years coz they got preggers again straight away.

nope to trade U that would be on the same level as sacking you for the colour of your hair!! My dad is a trade union rep :)

Nope there is no way they can sack you, it's discrimination (SP?)

i dealt it - unless they want thousands of angry woman after em

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back