Emotional responses.

Isn't it funny? I was saying that this would be good for our relationship, that absence makes the heart grow fonder and everyone needs a little time away for a relationship to grow etc. However, I missed out on one little detail...
He's the one that's busy, not me...I'm not the kind of person who goes out on drinking sessions with the girls (don't drink alcohol anyway even when not PG), I only go to the pub with my husband and before that had never really ventured near one alone...I don't know anyone here, and most of my colleagues are older than me. So I did housework and went shopping and did the walk with the friend next door and her baby and stuff like that...but mostly I just went crazy. My OH is on a karate course and he's training and learning.
I ACTUALLY darned my brother's jumper lastnight, can you imagine? Most of my hobbies are quiet introspective ones. But this weekend sure showed me that even though I don't need him around, I really need him around!

What a strange hormonal bundle I am these days!

Sue

wow its spooky how alike we are.

I too said to my OH to go to teh festival, coz i couldnt go anymore he offerd to stay home and miss it, but i said, no go, the break will do us good and we will be closer when you get back.

i was really looking forward to having time on my own to do my own thing, having the bed to myself to stretch out etc, but the instant he went i felt so alone and lost, its horrible for me to think that im that attacthed to somene, i NEVER get this close to anyone, i dont allow it, but he has broken thought my tough image completely.

He sent me a text last night, the foo fighters wehre on stage and they played an acustic version of one of there songs, it made him think of me then he started crying saying he wanted to come home, he misses and love me so much.

that made me feel so good, and now i cant wait till tomorrow to see him

Yep - I have been saying all my life...never let anyone get that much under your skin...cos you'll only get hurt - because I got hurt, and badly hurt, a couple of times, so after that I never "put out" with those emotions, I was self-sufficient. I have been married now for 10 months and I was thinking...this is a healthy relationship, no codependence at all, we're happy together but doing our own thing together too.

And then I was thinking, shit, he's not here and I'm miserable. :lol:
A little voice in my head said...but Sue, you can't be that clingy with a guy, you can't depend on him that much, you'll get hurt (shades of single sue)...and I answered myself...if you can't depend on your husband without fear of getting hurt, then what's marriage about eh? I thought that a good, healthy marriage would be two people who love each other but can still stand on their own...and I do that mostly...but I guess there's some dependence in there too.

So I learned a lesson, I guess. The weekend wasn't a total waste... :lol:

I'm gonna take the train up to the airport and surprise him, I think. Maybe I can drive him home...

Sue

aww, thats nice, i bet he will be pleased to see you

hope it all goes well

xxx

*L* can you believe it, I missed the train? Ah well, an nice meal instead, eh?

Bloody hormones!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back