• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Emergency Scan

Bella2

Reaction score
As some as you may know I've been getting a dark brown discharge for a while now. When I first got it I visited my out of hours clinic who told me it was most likely implantation bleeding. Well I've been getting it for over 2 weeks now, some days theres enough to fill a pantyliner so it's really been worrying me. Yesterday tried to get hold of midwife but she was on annual leave till today so called the hospital, they then told me to call my doctor! Doctor didn't really know what was the cause so told me to see the nurse at the surgery so she could take a swab in case it's an infection. After having the swab taken the nurse said the results would take 7 days but because she could see a fair amount of this brown blood on my cervix that I should contact midwife ASAP.
Spoke to midwife this morning who has now reffered me to the hospital for an early scan this Thursday. So relieved I'm finally going to get seen to, feel like I've been pushed from pillar to post with no one really knowing what the matter is. Wish I had been offered the scan 2 weeks ago rather than go through all this upset :cry:

Some NHS systems are appalling!!! To put you through so much worry is just ridiculous. Does your local hospital not have an Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU) which you can ring directly with any problems? Worth checking out when you attend your scan for future reference.
Good luck with the scan!

Thanks hon well didn't actually realise that my hospital had an EPU until this morning when I spoke to the midwife, she said she would contact them to see what they said and call me back, then when she called back she said they wanted to see me for the scan. In future though I will definately ring the EPU first!

Least you are getting it sorted now! I had the same with my first n it was just lil blood vessels poppin as my body changed, i had early scan n all was fine, i had it threw out 1st preg

good luck n im sure all will b fine x

thanks Nadine, hopefully mine will be caused by the same thing and all will be fine, I even took another pregnancy test on Sunday as I was so paranoid! x

Hope it's all ok hun. That is rubbish that midwife was on annual leave and there was no cover for her - like you say, this could have been investigated weeks ago and has caused you alot of anxiety. Any health professional such as a midwife should have cover and an alternative tel number for you to phone. xx

Good luck on Thursday hun! Glad you're eventually getting seen too!

*hugs*

Good luck for your scan , hope everthing is ok in there X

Thanks guys for your support, I'm really nervous! Thankfully OH is home from Oz now and has managed to get the time off work to come with me. Will let you all know how I get on x x

Goodluck hun, hope everything goes well x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope all goes well on Thurs hon - got everything crossed for u x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen