~Embarrasing topic~

soverign

Reaction score
I have a really bad problem. I don't know if anyone else has suffered from this after child birth and I am just over reacting. Basically when I pass gas it comes out of my vagina instead of my back passage. It happens all day long not just during intercourse. It has been getting me down since the moment I gave birth and so I decided to do some research today.

I found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectovaginal_fistula

I am worrying now because from what I read it can be quite serious.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me? Sorry if I look like a drama queen!

did the midwife/dr say you had any tear or damage when you gave birth?

i really don't know much about it at all, but i would def go to your dr and get him to check it out. i guess it would just be an internal to see what the problem is.

def go get checked out hun :hug:

I don't know anything about this, sorry hun, but really best cours of action is see your nurse/GP. I am sure they won't be embarrassed or shocked. If you get fobbed off, ask for a referral to gynae.

Sorry can't help anymore, but really I think medical professionals are best people to advise.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: sounds uncomfortable though. Poor you. :hug:

Hey hun thanks for your reply. I had an episiotomy and I dont believe it was performed very well. It sags on one side and its like they have stitched one side down so that its constantly open. Oh its so embarrasing!

Definitely go and see about it hun. Sometimes the longer you leave these things the trickier they are to fix :hug:

It sounds like you may have a cut/tear that goes from your vagina to back passage, this should have been stitched and checked... This is an emarrasing Q but what about when you go to the loo for a number2? :hug:

Hi happy_chick. I'm not sure what you mean by that! When I go for a number 2 I am very constipated and quite often bleed. I don't think I have piles or none that I can see. I'm not very clued up though!

soverign said:
Hey hun thanks for your reply. I had an episiotomy and I dont believe it was performed very well. It sags on one side and its like they have stitched one side down so that its constantly open. Oh its so embarrasing!

I had an epiostomy as well and get this sometimes although the MW and GP checked me out and said all was fine down below. See what the GP says, dont worry too much I think it is quite common after an epiostomy and nothiing to worry about although not pleasant!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

loz said:
soverign said:

I had an epiostomy as well and get this sometimes although the MW and GP checked me out and said all was fine down below. See what the GP says, dont worry too much I think it is quite common after an epiostomy and nothiing to worry about although not pleasant!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou hun. I have been to them before and they told me it was sagging but assured me it would sort its self out in time. I'm still going to make an appointment to see them again though as it is getting me down so much.

Ask to be referred to a gynaecologist. This is what I did and I'm sooo glad because they actually know what they're talking about!

They can't refuse you if you want to be referred for a second opinion, so don't back down.

It's quite common after birth for wind to come out of your back passage and go into your vagina (but from the outside not the inside if you know what I mean). Then it will escape from there at random points later on. Are you sure this is not what is happening to you?

If you bleed when you go for a number 2 then you most probably do have piles. They might be internal though.Suppositories can help.
K.xx

I didn't have any tears but I seemed to be a bit windy from the ladybits after birth. Tbh, I thought it was funny and didn't think more of it :think: Also, it only happened unintentionally a few times, other times I pushed the trapped wind out :oops: . It doesn't happen anymore though...

I hope yours isn't anything serious either :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww, bless you :hug: the glamour of motherhood, eh? hope u get it fixed. i can only imagine how embarrassing it must be to talk about, but i would definately enquire about it. i asked for an internal examination after i had millie coz once i was brave enough to stick fingers up there without any pain, i noticed it felt lumpy and was worried about prolapse (both my mum and auntie hav had hysterectomies due to prolapse) im glad i got reassured that i havent prolapsed!

good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back