• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ellouise is poorly :(

lozzi

Reaction score
Ellouise is really chesty..... her lil nose is all bunged up too. shes struggling to feed, and is really unsettled...

is there anything like a decongestant i can give her at this age?

this morning she was struggling to catch her breath thru crying and snuffling then she coughed and a massive\ snot came out of her nose..

got docs at 3 but im just so worried for her, i hate seeing her upset

snugglebabes is great stuff, its baby vicks. You can get it in asda and boots, i stock piled when i was home lol.

Get one of those bulb syringes for getting the snot out her nose hun, as at the desk in boots and they will know what you mean.

:hug: Its awful when you cant help them isnt it.

Melanie said:
snugglebabes is great stuff, its baby vicks. You can get it in asda and boots, i stock piled when i was home lol.

Get one of those bulb syringes for getting the snot out her nose hun, as at the desk in boots and they will know what you mean.

i just bought some baby snuffle from the pharmacist as thats what she recommended but it says from 3 months on the side... and kaye said when she tried to buy it the pharmacist wudnt let her buy it as it causes breathing difficulties if there too young? :shock:

when did u use it hun? was she fine?

Your best bet would be to phone your pharmacist. I have done that before and he was really helpful. I bought some saline nasal drops for Ellie when she was really blocked once, they worked but she hated them. The only trouble is - I can't remember how old she was. If you have a good local pharmacist I would go talk to them.

Nicky_Jones said:
Your best bet would be to phone your pharmacist. I have done that before and he was really helpful. I bought some saline nasal drops for Ellie when she was really blocked once, they worked but she hated them. The only trouble is - I can't remember how old she was. If you have a good local pharmacist I would go talk to them.

the doc prescribed her some nasal drops but when iw as in there i asked the chemist what she recommended and she said snufflebaby or karvol in addition...

Did they know her age? If so - I am sure it is fine to use the snuffle babe. I get the feeling pharmacist etc always err on the side of caution anyway.

You could also just try a bit of breast milk - I did when Otis was teething as he got a snotty nose and it seemed to help. I put a little in a syringe and put a few drops of BM up each nostril. Also try raising the top end of her matrass a bit (I double folded a large towel and put it under Otis's matrass) as it helps to drain the fluids rather than allowing it to settle.
One more thing you could do when you put her down is to boil some water and put it near her (say in the window ledge) with a bit of methol crystal or vicks or something of that sort.
Hope she gets better soon! :hug: :pray:

You can get saline drops from boots which are totally safe from birth. I used them when Rowan was 2 weeks old and had a stinking cold. Really worked wonders.

I hope she gets better soon Lozzi, poor lil princess

karvols fantastice, that stuff cleared Jamies cold up sooo quickly!!!

poor princess, i hope shes better soon, try also putting radiators on full and hanging wet towels over them this should steam the room up and help break mucus and as daggers said try tilting her cot/moses basket thatll help :hug: :hug: :hug:

lozzijane said:
Melanie said:

i just bought some baby snuffle from the pharmacist as thats what she recommended but it says from 3 months on the side... and kaye said when she tried to buy it the pharmacist wudnt let her buy it as it causes breathing difficulties if there too young? :shock:

when did u use it hun? was she fine?

The stuff i bought was snuffle babe vapour rub, it says 3 months on the label but Thea was only 6 weeks old when i started to use. I just used a tiny bit but it really helped her.

Lozzi, you can also buy saline drops from the chemist to clear her nose. You just put it up each nostril and squeeze then lie her flat for a minute afterwards.
Tom is very congested still after the c-section. The saline drops do help.
Hope she gets better soon.
Lucyx

shes got the salin nasal drops off the doc there really helping :D thanks ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back