Ellie is being induced tomorrow!!!!

Mike

Reaction score
Hello.

well the long awaited event has arrived.
Ellie is booked in to labour for tomorrow night to start the induction process.
we have to be there from 8pm onwards. dont really know what to expect.
the midwaife has already said i wont be able to stay all night which understandable but hope they dont think they will be kicking me out early cos i aint moving until i am certain she is happy.

they starting with the gell a few times and see if that works over the first few days then i.v and at last resort c-section. hopefully we wont get that far tho.

her dad is abit weird when it comes to predicting the future and is normally 90% correct, and he says tues night/wed morn. I really hope so.

any give us abit a bit of advice on what to expect to happen while she has her stay there???

Mike.

I can't give any advice as I've never been induced but wanna wish you both the best of luck!! x x

I dunno either :oooo: but good luck to you both :) x

Awwwwww good luck to you both. They will insert probably 2 pessaries of gel & just keep an eye on both mum & baby (sometimes by monitor).
My hubby was allowed to stay til around 9.30pm (but I was induced around 6.30pm).
It all depends on the softness of the cervix as to how quickly the rest happens. I was induced at 6.30pm on a Thursday evening & I had my son 2.10pm on the Friday afternoon. The lady in the bed next to me was induced the same time & needed a further 2 pessaries the following morning & IV in the afternoon & had her little boy in the early hours of the Saturday morning.
Every induction is different, so it really is hard to say how quickly things may happen, but it worked fairly quickly for me. Let's hope it's not too long an induction - keep us posted & can't wait for the updates x

Sunnyb xxx

Can't advise either but good luck to you both, you'll soon have little Alfie in your arms :)

Oh good luck!! I hope everything goes quite quickly for you both! I was induced with Toby but nothing happened for hours afterwards, but once the contractions did start they got strong very quickly! I'm sure it'll all be perfect for you :yay:

Good luck to you and Ellie for tomorrow! Hope it's quick and easy :D

thanks everyone.
im sure all will go well.

when i get home tomorrow night i just know i wont be getting any sleep so will defo be on the forum and face book alot chatting and trying to keep my mind off things.
but at least one good thing, i get the bed to myself, he he he

updates coming tomorrow night.

Mike.

i was induced when i had my daughter and i got the first load of gel at 10.30am and had her at 8.10pm. hope it goes quick for her

Good luck to you both xx

Oooh how exciting!! Good luck and can't wait for updates! Don't worry well all keep you sane!!

ahw good luck - hope it happens nice and quick for her...

i was induced and it is really quite ok... the sooner the pessarys work the better and for most people i think they work on the first day.. unfortunately mine didn't til the 3rd day and my only advice would be try to get some sleep every night if you both can incase it does take a little longer.

On the ward where i was induced you had the induction (monitored on the machine for a bit... then internal exam and pessary.. monitored again...) then they let you off for a walk round the hospital etc.. 6 hours later back tot see if anything has happened and if not a repeat of the above!

My hubby was allowed to stay til midnight both the first nights but i was the only person left out of 6 on my ward who had been induced so it was an empty room. The first night i didn't sleep at all (whcih i regreatted later).. the 2nd night they gave me pethedine which zonko'd me out and let me sleep and relax.

Next morning i was 1cm so they were able to finally break my waters at midday and then Josie was born at 2:03am the following morning. Had to go on the drip to help speed things up and had epirdual. Although it was a lenghty process for me it was still the best experience ever. I just wish i had know it can take longer to work with some women.

So don't mean to put you off..hopefully it will work nice and quick for you.. but just be prepared incase it does take a bit longer... me and hubby just spent those couple of days people watching... trying to guess how dilated the other induced women were going to be (not much privacy on the 6 bed ward i was on! lol!), going up to the hospital canteen for meals together,playing games on the hospital tv system etc... so really wasn't too bad. Hopefully you won't have time for any of that though. There will probably be another few couples in exactly the same position as you guys!

Oh well good good luck..can't wait to hear all about it... and try to get some sleep when you can!!!

luv theresa

Good luck and looking forward to your updates xx

Good luck you guys! You never know she may go into labour on her own before then! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back