eggs

chezzabell

Reaction score
I have lived away from home since i was 18, lived the young persons life no money etc, but i still dont know how to make the perfect runny egg, please can someone tell me, i either make it too hard whihc i hate or not cook right with the clear stuff in the egg, i want it so its nice and runny and i can put my soilders into it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Please will someone other than alfiesmummy reply to my posts, i think she is stalking me :D

lol

ermmm.. eggs....

oh i was teaching my cousin to make egg and soilders the other day (he is 11).

now i fancy egg and soilders for brekky.

i dont know how to cook a soft boiled egg but you wanted sum1 else to post so here you go hunny xx

I gave up about 10 years ago - my soft boiled eggs end up hard, and my hard bolied eggs are runny :?

Ok I've been told I shouldn't eat runny eggs, soft boiled, fried, poached etc. I can eat hard boiled eggs though but was even warned off scrambled eggs etc. Evidenetly it's due to the salmonella that is present in raw or under cooked eggs (i.e. soft boiled) being able to cross the placenta with ease and effect the baby. Omlettes etc were also a no unless they were very thin and everso well cooked.

Has anyone else been told they shouldn't eat soft boiled eggs? I love a runny egg and soldiers but haven't had them for months now!!

i've always waitied untill boiling and then for 3 mins and my eggs have been perfect :D

I wait for a rolling boiling pan of water, gently place egg into pan with large spoon and time the egg for exactly 4 mins (i use my mobiles stopwatch as the egg timer isnt accurate enough lol) when 4 mins has gone take the eggs out of the water straight away. i always found that 3 mins is never long enough and they dont quite cook properly.

Cant wait till this baby is born because i miss soft boiled eggs

I dont like runny eggs so cant help but you wanted other ppl to reply lol. although i do have cravings for runny fried egg. my friend had cravings for runny eggs when she was pregnant and her midwife sed she could indulge a few times but dont do it regularly so she waited for 6 weeks until she had to giv in to her crvin and once she had had 1 she was fine and never craved them again. good luck with your eggs hun!! XXXXXXX

this is my husbands fool proof way of cooking a perfect soft boiled egg, works every time:

fill a saucepan with cold water,
place the egg in the pan and put the hob on
once it starts boiling and you get the first large bubbles in the water start timing, and time for exactly 3 minutes 25 seconds
pour the hot water out, without the egg spilling out and replace with cold water
take the egg out and enjoy

good luck :D

if you go to a homeware store you can usually pic up an egg timer, its red and you put it in the saucepan with the eggs and it will go a dark colour after a few mins and tells you how the eggs are.

Here is a link of the one i have got

the actual link wont come up but look down the page its called egg perfect

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/productlist.a ... s/utensils

Nicola said:
Ok I've been told I shouldn't eat runny eggs, soft boiled, fried, poached etc. I can eat hard boiled eggs though but was even warned off scrambled eggs etc. Evidenetly it's due to the salmonella that is present in raw or under cooked eggs (i.e. soft boiled) being able to cross the placenta with ease and effect the baby. Omlettes etc were also a no unless they were very thin and everso well cooked.

Has anyone else been told they shouldn't eat soft boiled eggs? I love a runny egg and soldiers but haven't had them for months now!!

I have never been told that i cant have scrambled egg or omelettes as they are fully cooked and i have eaten both all the way through so far, as long as its cooked there shouldnt be any problem.

To have runny eggs i usually boil them for about 6 mins at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back