Eggs

Tillytots

Reaction score
I just went into the butchers quickly to grab some eggs as they're usually really nice from there and from the local farm - HOWEVER - Ive just looked at them and they arent the usual nice ones and are from caged hens :( I always make a point of buying free range or organic and now Im not sure I want to eat them.

Does anyone else buy normal caged hen egg pegs? Im probably being really hormonal and pathetic :rotfl: :cry: :rotfl: :cry: :rotfl: :cry: :rotfl: :cry:

:oops: i dont really look to be honest i usually pick up the big ones in yellow egg box!!!!!

I always get free range or at the very least the barn housed ones.
I think it's so cruel :(

I wouldn't worry now you've bought them, just look out next time :lol:

We always get free range, but don't worry too much it was an honest mistake :)

Urchin said:
I always get free range or at the very least the barn housed ones.
I think it's so cruel :(

I wouldn't worry now you've bought them, just look out next time :lol:

I know, I cant bear the thought of those poor little chickens in those horrible cages :cry:

Always tesco free range here :) Don't eat them, they taste different ;)

i eat whatever mum buys lol....the joys of living at home!!! lol. not really thought about it and i dont know if OH eats em yet...gonna have to find out soon when we get our own place....
I think i would get free range ones though...just so aweful thinking about the poor little things all packed together :(

I think Il pass on the eggs...I could always save them incase OH pops round in the next 2 wks and accidently drop/throw them out the window :twisted:

most of the time I buy free range, or those omega 3 ones, but now and again I'll grab caged ones if I'm a bit short of cash.
I try not to do it often though - maybe once every 4 months or so at the most.

I know how you feel about the chickens, but they've been bought now so no point wasting the eggs. At least make them worthwhile - or else those chickens will have suffered in vain.

They taste the same, honest.

Xena said:
most of the time I buy free range, or those omega 3 ones, but now and again I'll grab caged ones if I'm a bit short of cash.
I try not to do it often though - maybe once every 4 months or so at the most.

I know how you feel about the chickens, but they've been bought now so no point wasting the eggs. At least make them worthwhile - or else those chickens will have suffered in vain.
They taste the same, honest.

Im in a moral dilema! lol - Il eat them this time but NEVER again am I buying caged hen eggs. Id love my own chickens in the garden which would solve anymore eggy errors!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back