• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eeep! Been told I'm getting induced!

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hey guys, went to my antenatal appointment and had a growth scan, everything good there :D even saw little ones face :D shes a cutey! and she keep wiggling and waving at us. Her measurements are perfect so the GD doesn't seem to have affected her growth wise :D

Saw my consultant, mentioned the strong BH and the rash and itchy hands, they took blood but he's 99% sure its my liver function, cholostasis??? or something like that. He says as it's driving me nuts and I'm not sleeping properly due to that and the BH then I've got to go for another appointment on Tuesday and they will be inducing me either next week or the week after at the latest! :shock:

Really didn't want inducing but this itching is driving me crazy and I dont think I could last for 4 weeks like this! Its also getting worse, docs worried that liver function may affect baby and hes happy for her to arrive asap!!

So looks like I'm going to be a mummy before Xmas after all! A bit worried about the induction, really wanted a natural labour and only wanted to use gas and air. Now worried I won't be able to cope with the pain as I've heard inducion can be more intense and painful. Has anyone had a simple/easy induction thats worked for them and theyve found it a positive experience. I only seem to ever see horror storys about being induced.

OMG hun so baby will def be here sooner than you thought :)
Try not to worry too much about induction, my mum was induced with me and went naturally with my sister, she said that there was very little difference between the two labours.
I'm sure you willl be well taken care of and if it helps with your health then its deffo worth it eh.
Best of luck, and hey, you might make that lunch on the 27th after all ;) x

Eeeeeeeek! A baby for Xmas :yay:

Have they given you a date to go in!

Said it in anoither thread but by-eck it's all going on today.

Oh wow TO! U as well!! I've been given a 4 page document today about induction and it keeps repeating that it's not more painful than a natural birth so Iv decided to believe it! Good luck for Tuesday xx

Thanks guys :D these December babies seem to all want to be here for Santa!! I'm getting a date on Tuesday, but if my hands and bump have got worse (got a red rash at the mo) and I'm really itching then they may keep me in, been told to go in prepared to be kept in. If not they'll discuss a date. My MW has to see me on Thursday as they want a tracing of babys heart, got to have another tracing on Tuesday as well, not sure why, never had one with the MW before??

Hi tundraowl I've had two inductions and managed with gas and air with both although my labours have been short !! My birth story is in labour and birth for Rhea if u fancy reading. Hope all goes well and I can honestly say induction isn't always as scary as they say it is !! Xxx oh my thread is called birth story of Rhea Grace xx

Oh wow Tundra this is so exciting and I am really happy for you. U r so close to full term so next week would be perfect for baby to arrive. Don't be scared of the induction, it'll be fine xx

Gosh all these babies in a rush for santa! I think if you just try your best on gas and air and see what the pain is like, only you know what you can cope with don't be scared! Good Luck xx

Good luck, i am sure you will do brilliantly and just think of the amazing christmas you are going to have with your new little bundle xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back