Probably going to be induced :(

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Just been to see the midwife. All is good and healthy as always, but she said that the obs will probably give me an induction date next week when I go for my growth scan :shock: . Baby is biggish (but only slightly over the 50% line) and she thinks that they will not wait for two weeks after my EDD. If I haven't had baby by the 17th they will press for induction.

I don't know what to do, I really don't want to be induced. I am going to have to start with the serious sex and curry right now!!!! :rotfl:

Aww sweetie I can definitely sympathise :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am :pray: something happens tonight (even though I still have this horrible chest/throat thing) just so I don't have to have a sweep and be induced :(

Hope you can escape it :hug:

aww thats a shame hun :hug:

i agree, start the eviction plan tonight!! you never know - it might work! a few of the other ladies have popped early lately :wink:

xxx

:hug: :hug: Baby could come before then, and not everyone has a bad experience of being induced

muppetmummy said:
:hug: :hug: Baby could come before then, and not everyone has a bad experience of being induced

My mam was one of those who found induction fine, she had to be induced with me and was given an oral tablet and within a few hours had me and felt great afterwards. She can't understand why I am so worried about it, but as I have said before I am a complete and utter wuss :lol:

There is still time for baby to come yet dont give up.

Like MM said being induced is not always as bad as we all think its going to be.

Glad baby is growing well though. :hug:

fifi211 said:
muppetmummy said:

My mam was one of those who found induction fine, she had to be induced with me and was given an oral tablet and within a few hours had me and felt great afterwards. She can't understand why I am so worried about it, but as I have said before I am a complete and utter wuss :lol:

I was induced both times (first time because I failed to dilate fast enough) - first time was bl00dy awful and the second time it was amazing :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm quite surprised by this :shock: my baby's way over the top line and I bl**dy hope they don't want to induce me early!

The 17th is ages away though hun so you've got nearly 3 weeks to go into labour naturally before it becomes an issue - and induction would presumably be planned for some time after that?

Sorry it wasn't the news you wanted :hug:

Thanks for the replies everyone :hug:
I know induction gets a lot of bad press, if I have to have one I will make the best of it (probably opt for an epidural earlier)

Becs - I think they will be keen to induce me because I have a high BMI. Apparently (according to MW) there is more chance of needing a c-section with a bigger baby (not sure if that is entirely true) and they will want to avoid giving me a c-section if possible because it is riskier for biff mummies.

MW reckons they may push for induction in the next two weeks, but I could hold them off until due date - so you're right, that does give me 2 and half weeks to get my groove on and get this baby out...hopefully plenty of time for baby to come of it's own accord.

Ah, baby will be good for you, I'm sure of it :hug:

COME ON BABY GET A SHIFT ON :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Happybunny said:
Hello :wave:

Just been to see the midwife. All is good and healthy as always, but she said that the obs will probably give me an induction date next week when I go for my growth scan :shock: . Baby is biggish (but only slightly over the 50% line) and she thinks that they will not wait for two weeks after my EDD. If I haven't had baby by the 17th they will press for induction.

I don't know what to do, I really don't want to be induced. I am going to have to start with the serious sex and curry right now!!!! :rotfl:

Awwww glad to hear all is well with you and LO :hug:

Sorry to hear they may well want to induce sooner rather than later. What are the possible reasons? My Doctor said today that large women tend to go over and they like to induce if baby is on the big side (but there is still a big margin of error as to the size of the baby tbh, I've just been reading up on it all :lol: :roll: ). But if all is well and neither you or LO are in distress and it looks like baby is still average size then you don't have to agree to an induction this soon.

I don't know, I'm all for what makes the woman happiest. I'd sit and wait if all is well with LO if it were me. Or try all the tricks to see if labour comes on its own before they can induce.

I'm doing my reading on C section rates for biff mummies and babies etc and tbh it doesn't seem like it has to be the only option. The Homebirth site has some interesting reading on induction and C section etc in larger mummies and for suspected larger babies. I found it reassuring and I'll do some more reading elsewhere and see what else I find.

Good luck you go into labour naturally :hug:

Good luck hope baby comes sooner rather than later :hug: xxx

I was referred for having a large for dates baby (measured 38cm at 32 weeks) according to the very helpful doctor I saw - scans for babes being too big have a 25% degree of error - scnas for growth are much more accurate if done in series and for small babies failing to grow. so I didnt have a scan - it wasnt going to change our management. I have the help of having 3 previous babies - they tend to increase in size with each one then the fourth is often smaller - my third was 9 lb 3 so this one shouldnt be more than 8lb something - fine by me :)

induction does not need to be a bad thing - I was induced with my second as I had preeclampsia - I was given a date for induction at 38 weeks but at 37 the doc examined me to see if my cervix was favourable for induction in a few days and while she was there she did a sweep - I went into labour the next morning had a 45 minute labour - wonderful :) Also had a sweep with my third as my bp was rising on my due date - went into labour within hours - have been told to ask for a sweep again this time as it obviously works for me :)

good luck and try not to worry too much - what will be will be :)

Happybunny said:
I am going to have to start with the serious sex and curry right now!!!! :rotfl:

Been trying that all weekend :roll:
The sex was awkward and the curry just gave me a dicky tum :?

Ah im sorry hunny that you may need to be induced

hope the sex and curry do the trick :pray: :pray:

sending vertual baby dust your way hun

sarah :hug: :wave:

Thanks for all your replies again, you are all so sweet! :hug:

Sherlock, I agree that there most be room for error and they can't assume that I'll need an induction just based on what they know at the moment. I would be very interested to see what your research turns up. I may have a dig around tomorrow too.

Nikki - thanks for the reassurance about induction!

Thanks for the links Tilly - will have a wee look now.

Just been for a curry at Newcastle Quayside. Was really good because it was an authentic Southern Indian cuisine restaurant. I tried some really interesting and different stuff. It was all rather tasty and spicy rather than blow your head off hot...made baby move a lot, don't know if he is ready to shift yet though, lol! Ok, now for plan B........ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back