• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ebay - What would you do?

Rachel

Reaction score
I sold my phone yesterday on a buy it now and the buyer paid straight away using paypal.

I stated on my listing that I would not post to an unconfirmed address but when I checked paypal he is unconfirmed :wall: and im not elligible (sp?) for seller protection.

He has got good feedback. Would you risk it and send the phone to him or refund the payment back to him explaining that im refunding because, as stated on my listing I don't accept payment from unconfimed addresses?

I'd send it if it wasn't of too much value but £65 is alot to lose if something goes wrong because im not covered by paypal :?

Will probably get a negative feedback if I do that though and nothing I can do about it anymore :wall:

Couldn't you send it special delivery, and that way if he claims it didnt turn up, you can check onlne to see if its been signed for; if it hasnt, and got lost you can claim upto £500 from the royal mail. If its been signed for then you're also covered. I dont think it costs that much more, plus what you lose for refunding the payment (paypal fees) and re-listing it; it would be worth it I think.

send it anyway.............you are already protected to a sum up to £300 through paypal

You could contact him and see if he minds waiting while the paypal find clear cos of his unconfirmed status?

I would send it Special delivery (unless its an overseas address then i wouldnt send it at all) then it will be tracked every step of the way if you just send it recorded they just go in with the normal mail untill delivery.

I only know this as i work for royalmail

I cant see there being a problem if his feedback is good

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... d=22700554

you sould be able to find the cost of the special delivery on that link

hope this helps :D :D

As its over £40 they recommend you send it special delivery anyway as royal mail wont cover for more then that on normal post. Get you're proof of postage and send it.

I've been on ebay for ages, and only cos i didnt know what you meant by unconfirmed address and looking it up have a realised mine isnt confirmed, i've never had problems with it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back