Eating Plan?

luckylady

Reaction score
I have always been on some kind of diet as I am about 1 stone overweight..so been on weight watchers for about 5 months.

The last week..I am not really bothering thinking about cooking meals for myself..just concentrating on feeding the boys (food I wouldnt really eat) and DH.

But I would like to follow some kind of plan..apparantly you cannot follow the weight watchers plan when pregnant? is this true?

Thanks

L x :?

I have always struggled with weight, and I follow Slimming World which you can do when your pregnant! Its very easy to follow and the meetings are great fun. Hope this helps. I am 2lb away from target, but I cant be bothered to worry about it now Im pregnant, but morning sickness has already kicked in, so Im sure I will lose some weight with that (well i did last time)!

I've done weight watchers a few times and I thought it was alright to do while pregnant. You just get loads of extra points. Its also safe while you are breast feeing. I did it last when I was nursing DD and I had 30 points a day :D I struggled to use them all!!

I am following Marissa Peer's programme at the minute, I read her book just before I found out I was pregnant and checked with my GP and it is fine to continue - it is basically just low in refined carbs and dairy.

I've been doing WW since January and got to goal in June. Finally told my leader at 9 weeks, as I was really struggling to stick to goal with the amount of food I was eating (and not neccessarily WW approved food :oops: ). She was lovely but said she's not allowed to weight me as their policy had changed and pregnant ladies are no longer allowed to do it. I thought she'd say I could have 'x' amount of points more, or at the worst say I could only continue until 12 weeks. But no, not allowed :(

I'm still allowed to go along for the meetings for free just to keep in touch with everyone and try and keep a healthy frame of mind! But they can't weigh me - but tbh I'm glad of that!!!

I've always been on some kind of diet too as I've always been a stone or so more than I want to be. But I think there are so many restrictions when pregnant that I'm not going to worry too much for now. Saying that, since doing WW I know there are certain things I'd just feel really guilty eating because of the rediculous points values (chicken korma, anyone? :lol: ), so I guess some healthy eating values are already ingrained on my brain!

I think the old 'just eat a healthy balanced diet, with just a few treats thrown in for good measure' is best. Sounds boring though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back